chameleons

Tarot

Now royalty is in the limelight again,I thought how amusing it is, that people change things to suit themselves.

Prince Charles, future king of England, Keeper of the faith.!!!!!!his gone multicultural bonkers.

He has decided that he will be the Keeper of all faiths.

Henry the Eighth, would have called him a heretic.

No wonder the Queen would not stand down for him,he really does not fit the criteria.

No Hugh,just pointing out,the requirement of the monarch of England.

The Archbishop of Canterbury,is also a Druid.!

Surely a keeper of the faith (Christianity} cannot be any other.

The same as with the Archbishop of Canterbury. Is he a Christian or a druid.?

Is prince Charles a Buddist or a Christian.

There are double standards everywhere.

Our goverment, is it Liberal or Conservative.

Do they rule us or is it the Germans/French.

Tarot, the original 'Defender of the Faith' title was conferred by the Pope on Henry VIII. The Faith it referred to was Catholicism, and it recognised the supremacy of the Pope.

The title was withdrawn from Henry VIII through excommunication.

The title was then arbitrarily reapplied by Uk parliament, but this time in favour of Anglicanism and against Catholicism.

Hence technically the title didn't need to apply to any particular religion.

In fact, in 1953, Prime Minister Louis St. Laurent staid this:

"In our countries there are people who have faith in the direction of human affairs by an all-wise providence, and we felt that it was a good thing that the civil authorities would proclaim that their organisation is such that it is a defence of the continued beliefs in a supreme power that orders the affairs of mere men, and that there could be no reasonable objection from anyone who believed in the Supreme Being in having the sovereign, the head of the civil authority, described as a believer in and a defender of the faith in a supreme ruler."

This essentially meant that the formal government position on 'Defender of the Faith' is that it doesn't apply to any particular religion at all.

Prince Charles has demonstrated an intent to change the title in English to 'Defender of Faith', effectively formalising a decision made by government when he was still a boy.

Hence it's nothing to do with Charles, and everything to do with a national belief in a multicultural society. Long may it continue.

Most of us believe there is a supreme being.But multicultural society is nothing to do with beliefs.

The canadian Prime minister, was already living in a multicultural society at the time, so wanted to be friend to everyone.

Henry the V111th didnt believe a mere man like the pope could cast out people from heaven,among other practices in the catholic religion,he was a theologian,and a scholar,all you hear about mainly is his torrid sex life.

I dont think multiculturism will ever work,its like a jig saw that doesnt fit, it is too fragmentated.

Like football supporters,they only support one club.

I cannot see someone protecting faiths, condoning elephant ,six handed dieties, and other primitive idols

World religions are locks on multicultural society.

Never to be free thinking.

I'm not sure which direction you're coming from tarot.

I think bottom line is that no religion gets much of a say so in how this country functions and develops, barring a few anachronistic episcopal votes in the upper chamber.

Charlie can do or say what he wants for all the influence it will have on anyone in this country, though I am partial to talking to plants myself, but that's more of a self indulgence so I won't be nailing any theses on the door of Clarence House just yet!!!!

Your use of the word 'condone' already implies that there is something wrong with celebrating 6 limbed deities.

I can't see any reason why a six limbed deity is any more peculiar than an omniscient omnipresent misogynist geriatric.

It strikes me that a 'defender of faith' is an eminently reasonable commitment from a monarch, in that it celebrates freedom of worship.

Thes rest of it looks suspiciously like a list of your own prejudices ;-)

Its not prejudice,I dont see it has logical to see these idols has the supreme creator.

I think more thought should go into what exactly the faiths he intends to keep.

Would it include Jedhi Knights for instance, or Wicca, Satanism.

The monarchs are crowned by the church of England which is the Christian faith.

I dont think the pope would be that diverse.

My nerves remain intact, I was merely trying to aid you in your literary endeavours. As to whether you give a seat what I think, I really wouldn't know, but judging by the vehemence and speed of your response, I'm going to guess yes.

witsd Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why do you type like this.

> With one short sentence per line.

> Do you think that perhaps.

> You might try a full paragraph.

> It might help you sound less like a crazy person.

It's all a bit catcher in the rye.

Isn't it.

I can't read.

The posts either.

Ow & now. my head hurts doing this.

Tarot... *tiredly*

That was 4 4 3 7.

Can you see that it wasn't 5 7 5?

Whatever the emotional wasteland of witsd's comment, s/he nailed the execution in a precise, alomst techincal manner.

Haiku's are unreasonable in Bwitish anyway. In those bizarre pictographic eastern languages a symbol can represent an entire concept, not just a syllable.

Yes Hugh, but a rude subeditor, I would say name calling and being catty,tch tch these women.

The Japanese are a fascinating people,but the Haiku form is no different to our Pitmans shorthand which

they must find amusing and puzzling too.