London farms

SingingWilks

Morning all

I'm looking to visit one of the London farms next Saturday for my birthday and wondered if anyone has any tips on which ones are great. As much as I love Vauxhall City Farm it's tiny and not somewhere you could spend a few hours and have lunch.

There appear to be quite a few in London and as I'm absolutely useless at making decisions I need some help in choosing! Has anyone been to Surry Docks or Mudchute Farms for example? I've even just found out there is one in Spitalfields which I had no idea about even though it's close to where I work.

Any opinions will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

SW

My favourite is the biggest, at the south end of the Isle of Dogs, Mudchute City Farm.

It has llamas.

What more do you need!

My second favourite is Surrey Docks Farm in Rotherhithe.

They're so friendly in there, and the cafe is pretty cool too. Also they sell produce now and again.

Next to the farm are steps you can walk down to the 'beach' when the tide is out.

Thank you all, you're great! I think I will take PeckhamRose's advice and go to Mudchute and perhaps squeeze in Surrey Docks after.

emc, hope you managed to get to Vauxhall today, the 185 is the best bus from Lordship Lane in case you need it for future reference.

witsd - looks like Hackney farm is still going strong, take a look at the link peterstorm left.

pablogrande - thank you for the link to Christmas Tree Farm, I will definitely take a trip there soon.

Thank you again.

I went to Surrey Docks farm this week for the first time.

Have never been to Vauxhall, but am very much a veteran of Christmas Tree Farm. However, Xmas Tree Farm is in no stretch of the imagination a London farm.

Surrey Docks: cute but small. Not much to see or do, in all honesty, but it is free to enter and you could probably spend an hour or so there. Beware the very hungry and greedy goats in the main feeding area. The cafe menu looked lovely (we only had icecreams) ...

BUT

the big plus about it is being right on the Thames footpath. So you can go for an interesting wander up or down the river to supplement your visit.