Looking for a Ceilidh Band

Alys Torrance

Green Ginger are great. Could also try Frank Reid or Craigievar; think they're based around London.

There's one band that always squeezes the Pink Panther theme in somewhere but can't remember which.

You could try GigCB though they veer towards Breton :) but hey they're local!

Contact is Chris Shaw, 0794 026 9223

If they're not suitable I'm sure he'll know of other people.

Alternatively, Two For Joy, an offshoot of The Magpie's Nest, runs lots of ceilidhs/barn dances, mainly in North London but they've just extended them into South London, I'm sure they'd know of suitable bands for you.

Contact them via their website

http://www.themagpiesnest.co.uk

I think the guy who organises the dances is Joe Buirski, but my memory's crap so I may be wrong :))

If not, Sam Lee can put you in touch with the relevant people.

It's just occurred to me that Chris also plays in a band Mistral which I think is a dance band, and I think less Breton orientated than Gig CB though I may be wrong .....

He deffo does things other than French stuff, as he plays melodeon for Old Palace Clog :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Alys,

Did you find a suitable band?

I'm in a band called the Lime Quartet. We play a mixture of English, Scottish, Irish, French and Middle Eastern music and have plenty of experience playing at weddings and dances. I'm based in Brixton and the rest of the band are in various parts of London and happy to travel.

I expect you've found someone by now though!