Bin Laden - dead

SCSB79

They are lying to us again. He probably died at Bora Bora. This stinks of bullshit and nothing to do with 500 Taliban escaping prison last week or the 10th anniversary of the Twins Towers attack.

Will Donald Trump ask to see the death certificate?

Alan Medic, I totally agree with you on this one.... I fear that retribution from that minority of exrremists will use this as a springboard for more atrocities.... Bin Laden is/ was merely the figurehead for extremism and unfortunately his legacy will catapult him to martyrdom with many otgers looking to follow in his footsteps..... I do wonder when will this ever end...

I?m a tad indifferent to the feeling of jubilation. The whole eye for an eye mentality never actually resolves the situation, it just creates more resentment, and an excuse for idiotic terrorists to act on impulse. I imagine his death doesn?t affect the operations for the majority of these splinter groups anyway. This whole jihad thing is a movement, constantly radicalising new recruits. You can?t physically kill a movement. Its not like the F&$%ing body snatchers, kill the head of the clan and then expect everybody else to resume normal behaviour.

Ah, yes. The conspiracy theorists.

Jumpinjackflash, DJKQ, you are, of course, talking bollocks. If the US had killed him years ago, why didn't George W claim it? Why didn't Obama claim it just before mid-terms? Why can people like you never accept the world as it is? Rather than the oppressive machine you think it is.

Have either of you ever worked in government? Do you know how incompetent it is? Have you ever wondered how, when every political story is leaked weeks before it is officially announced, they could somehow keep the secret that Osama was killed years ago.

I know it's kind of cool to be all anti-establishment, and to assume that 'the man' is keeping us all down etc etc, but for God's sake please also switch on your brains, removed just an ounce of ignorance and look at the facts at hand.

PS check out Obama's destruction of Donald Trump at the White House correspondents dinner for how conspiracy theorists deserve to be treated.

So that video he released last year referring to recent events was clever preminition fake?

FFS even people I consider nearly normal are working themselves into a frenzy of conspiracy theory rubbish.

They got him. They did it yesterday.

Can people just grow up a bit?

GSJ57 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well said frierntastic and quids.

Well said GSJ57. I think their posts were spot on too. However I think burying him at sea could prove costly in terms of future conspiracy theories. ie He's still alive and being kept prisoner in the States. When they've caught other big name targets in the past, they've made a point of parading the bodies....

Oh friern you do make me laugh sometimes. Surely you can see how the idea of an existent threat plays into the hands of governments rather than a non-existent threat (especially one engaged in an illegal war) and if you knew anything about neo-conservatism you would also know that one of it's fundamental beliefs is that it is ok to lie to the people for a perceived greater good. Much of the Cold war was dependent on that theory. Take a look at Donald Rumsfelds involvement in fabircating intelligence during the Cold War to exaggerate the threat from Russia for example. Yes the same Donald that was part of George Bush's cabinet. FACT - intelligence services and governments lie to the people........

And yes I have plenty of understanding of how governemnt, politicians and councils work thank you very much.

It might be an idea to not insult the intelligence of some of those posting. By all means if you want a detailed discussion on the in and outs of events since 9/11, then be my guest....just hope you are indeed better informed than you think the rest of us to be.

Some people need to get over themselves and remember this is just a local forum...no one gives an iota what you or I think or write about anything...........grow up indeed.

Totally agree Willard...they showed photos of the bodies of Saddam Hussein's dead sons for example. Surely the most wanted man in the world would share a similar postumous image.....if not from the government, from the mobile phone or camera of the many who would have had a hand in the process of killing and then disposing of him. But if the Americans say it's true, we should believe them of course.......