Does ED need an M&S? Say yes.....!

Frankito

This may be controversial but I don't think M&S food is that nice. The biscuits and cakes are yummy but I could do with those not being within the area! The savoury food is not worth the price you pay.

Gosh, tgat is controversial indeed... I am not a fan of processed food and don't tend to buy their ready-mademeals unless they look particularly fresh and rustic. However it's akl the little bits I need... And their wines are very good and competitively priced...

I'm not a big M&S fan either. I just don't think they have the range of ingredients to cook with and what they do have is expensive (particularly in Simply Food where they add a premium). Ready-meal/ready-veg fans will probably give you a 'yes' vote. Personally, if we're angling for (or arguing yet again about)a more expensive food shop, I'd rather have Waitrose. I can think of a lot more things I buy in Waitrose that I can't buy in M&S than the other way around.

I lived very close to the M&S in Brixton for a couple of years and found myself going further afield to Tesco and for fresher and better produce (expensively packaged 'airline' meals apart).

Frankito Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Guys, I thunk it is high time we had an M&S in our

> midst. I am sick of having to travel by non-

> eco-friendly car every time I want some decent

> food products. Has anyone heard if there are any

> plans afoot? help...

Gosh, Frankito, how far do you have to travel by 'non-eco-friendly car' every time you want some 'decent food products'?

How awful is that? If only someone would post details (ASAP) of imminent plans for an M&S in ED!!

(Pssst....next time, remember Fortnum & Mason, its not quite as 'tired' as the M&S Waitrose theme on here)