eco warrior

Limbsy

it seems lately in ED that the children are in need of haircuts.

ive lived in ED for 20 yrs and really notice lately that the parents seem to be letting thier childrens hair grow very long and scruffy which is so unfair on the kids. many look like mini eco warriors.

It seems to be the look, these days the shaggy look from Scooby doo or the Catweazle look. I can?t bear the hair styles you see on some of the teenage boys who look like they have been stuck in a wind tunnel;-)

I have long hair now because when I was a boy we had to have short back and sides or our school teachers would hit us on the bum with sticks. While I am happy that in this more enlightened country and these more enlightened times we give little value to such pointlessly restrictive social practices I do wonder what my son is going to have to rebel against when he?s a teenager. He is welcome to have long hair, speak his mind and drink milk from the carton. But being all rebellious and shit was one of the few perks of being a teenager and I almost feel it my duty as a father to provide my offspring with at least some sort of unreasonable restriction to his self expression for him to get angst ridden over.

Limbsy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> it seems lately in ED that the children are in

> need of haircuts.

> ive lived in ED for 20 yrs and really notice

> lately that the parents seem to be letting thier

> childrens hair grow very long and scruffy which is

> so unfair on the kids. many look like mini eco

> warriors.

One word.

"Nits"

* scratches head *