Ivanhoe road robbery!!!!

kylie6097

i woke around 7.30 this morning opened my back door to let the animals out and went off to deal with my kids, morning routine breakfast and milk for baby then mine and my sons turn. i went off and ate my breakfast then fell asleep with my baby on sofa.

i awoke to my husband yelling at me, wheres my bag and whys the champagne been taken off the shelf. i had no idea what he was talking about so went to investigate.

we had been burgled :(

someone walked into my home stole a handful of stuff ie, camera, ?300 sunglasses, x3 watches, bottle of expensive whiskey, a bag to put it all in, PSP.

i was sat in my front room and no more than 2 seconds away from me someone was robbing me.

i called the police, crime investigators came out but no prints. police came at 3pm and apparently 2 doors away from me had been burgled too.

this has terrified me, i certainly dont want sympathy just wanted to let people know that this happened on ivanhoe road and i dont want it happening to others, 2 houses is enough.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a burglary in Ivanhoe Road over this past weekend, as well, as did someone else just down the road from us. It was between 3 and 6 in the morning, so we were in, and they took a couple of laptops and some quite expensive family jewellery, as well as a rucksack to put it all in, but they never went upstairs.

Be aware! There might be more to come if they're getting a couple of houses a week.

Do take a look at crimestoppers website for crime prevention advice. This is a horrible thing to say but sometimes they come back now they know the layout of a property. also neighbours are more lilely to be burgled for similar reasons.

Really up your crime prevention, locks and tell your neighbours so they can act preventatively.

You South Camberwell Safter Neighbourhood Team should also be willing to visit to give crime prevention advice.

One something like this happened to me I made a big list of all the advice and went through it quite systematically as, touch wood, we've not been burgled or attempted since.

which end of ivanhoe are you on?

aimee_s Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We had a burglary in Ivanhoe Road over this past

> weekend, as well, as did someone else just down

> the road from us. It was between 3 and 6 in the

> morning, so we were in, and they took a couple of

> laptops and some quite expensive family jewellery,

> as well as a rucksack to put it all in, but they

> never went upstairs.

>

> Be aware! There might be more to come if they're