The only way is Dulwich...

Frankito

Oh dear Lord, just had my first fix of Made in Chelsea.... Vacuous, shallow, opinionated, self-obsessed - loving it already.. Fasten your seatbelts as car crash is guaranteed.

But, I still maintain that we could do it better.

Frankito, I don't think you know what you're unleashing. Please, please don't encourage the local media folk to post yet more requests for this kind of thing on the forum...

I lived in Chelsea for five years and also my Father was a Chelsea Boy. Like most areas in London, people have just one opinion of the singular sort of person who lives in an area. There is a square 10 mins walk from Sloane Square, 15 mins from Harrods, 5 from South Kensington, which is a council block, and most of them are still council owned. I lived there. Many of the people who work at Peter Jones live there, I remember seeing them set off together in the mornings. Down the other end of the Kings Road - and still very much Chelsea, right by the most expensive part of the Kings Road, is the Cremorne Estate and also the big red brick tower estate next to that. I bet none of those people will appear in the programme about Chelsea. I hate this sort of programme. It does nothing for social harmony!

Um... sorry.... was I taking this thread a bit too seriously?!

Come now Rosie, it's just a bit of light-hearted banter.. You do raise an interesting point: sadly our view of Chelsea will be very much one-dimensional. Having said that, I still wouldn't miss it for all the tea in China.....

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

Down the other end of the Kings Road -

> and still very much Chelsea, right by the most

> expensive part of the Kings Road, is the Cremorne

> Estate and also the big red brick tower estate

> next to that.

I know that area.

It's the one where they all wear Reebok Classics and fake Hackett polo shirts with the collars up. The women sport bad tattoos and drag over fed staffs round the block to 'empty' them, all the while smoking king size "sovereigns" and doing scratchcards by the hand full.

Shame no pie & mash shops there though, still it IS chelsea afterall.

Yep, it is a unique place that's for sure. Well worth a tv show all of it's own.

N;-)

PeckhamRose Wrote:

--------------------------- Down the other end of the Kings Road -

> and still very much Chelsea, right by the most

> expensive part of the Kings Road, is the Cremorne

> Estate and also the big red brick tower estate

> next to that. I bet none of those people will

> appear in the programme about Chelsea.

Used to go in the World's End pub a decade or so back - the customers in there were a tv series on their own.

It will be interesting to see how this will work, as the only way is Essex they picked the chavy type to representing Essex which I felt it was a little poor for them to do this. To do the only way is Dulwich it will have to be a magpie of people someone wrote in there thread young professional people live in ED we also have we also have diverse types of people that live here to.