The joys of spring!

LadyDeliah

After all the miserable and depressing threads on here recently, I just wanted to remind everyone what lovely weather we have had this spring and how nice it is to have all the trees and flowers looking so lovely in the area.

I scattered some wild flower seeds last year in my garden and have some lovely and unusual flowers blooming now, so everytime I look out of my kitchen window, I'm full of the joys of spring 

You're right. I wandered Peckham Rye Park yesterday morning, gathering elderflowers and now my first ever batch of elderflower cordial is marinating quietly - awaiting decanting tomorrow. Smelling the heady honey scent of the elderflowers on an early spring morning was a good way to start the weekend.

When I cycle to and from work, I love smelling all the flowers in bloom in Dulwich. There are some lovely gardens around here.

My own garden has fruit bushes that are heavy with young raspberries, black & red currants, gooseberries and grapes. It's exciting to see how many are growing. Looks like there will be a bumper crop this year.

Frankito Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Scented jasmine on a warm Summer's night.... It's

> the simple things...

That?s is so right! Those little things are what make us smile. Love it when the natur wakes up after the winter and nothing beats the scents of summer. :D Jasmine is a beautiful scent.

I often go for walk just before bed and smell all the flowers hanging over other people's garden fences. There are some wonderful roses out at the moment; also peonies, though to me they smell just like Immac.