Stolen Freelander from Therapia Rd 18th May

Frankito

Following on from the attempted break in to our home a few night ago, we discovered yesterday during the day at some point, that our old car had mysteriously vanished from outside the house. It is a dark green Freelander (Land Rover) number plate GV02 FHW. Please if you see this car around pls report it to the police immediately or let me know where you have seen it. I very much doubt it will be close by but you never know.

The police think whoever broke in may have taken keys and come back yesterday to recover their prize :(

They are now treating the break-in as a serious crime and have assigned a team to the case so here's hoping they do a good job.

Again, be on your guard. There is a meeting at Harris Girls Academy at 7 pm this evening to discuss the recent spate of events, if you can, pls join as next time it could be someone else.

yep bad luck Frankito but hopefully you will rough this episode out and start to enjoy living here

I can't buy you a drink, but as it's the thought that counts, have the thought

(actually if you come along to the Barry Barry race I will buy you a drink)

Thanks guys.. Especially the e-drink, well-received..

I have lived here for about 8 years and this is my first double whammy sting so I guess you could say that, as far as averages go, I haven't been that unlucky.

We are having digital cctv installed very soon.

My son returning from work at approx 3.20am on 17 May heard a house alarm and saw two young black men (probaly not teenagers - in their 20s he thinks from stance and movement) run to a black car. He wouldn't recognise or be able to describe them unfortunately.

Timings don't quite match with yours but it may be related.

I heard from the police today that there was another attempted theft of a new Freelander sround Wood Vale area. Again, it would appear that the thieves were trying to break into the owner's house to get keys.

Again, please be mindful and don't leave keys anywhere in sight. We need to be vigilant and catch these criminals. I have always been complacent about such things until now but not anymore.... Total lockdown!

Good news...?? I received a call from the police today advising that my car has been found somewhere in Bromley. Poor wee thing..

They stole her number plates and have done some external damage to her, bless. Not much chance of selling her now other than to the scrapyard.

RIP