Aggressive busdriver (Lounged)

DG

I just got treated really aggressively by a P13 bus driver on underhill Rd who squeezed past me so close I couldn't move forward, in the rain and steamed up windows, and then opened his window to shout abuse.

As I'm pregnant and was on the way back from the doctors, not feeling very well, this was pretty much the last straw and I've now made a complaint to Arriva/Tfl.

I can't believe a bus driver could be so rude and aggressive!

I didn't want to say anything as DG has had a bad day and isn't feeling too hot but before anyone emails anyone, more details would be required?

I'm not saying the bus driver wasn't aggressive but I don't get the situation - why was a bus driver squeezing past a car - was the car stopped in the road for example, and holding up traffic?

used to live in bellenden area = the P13 antics had to be seen to be believed - DG you were lucky not to have had your car damaged (as frequently happened) since moving into SE22 they seem to be more considerate in this area. I can imagine it's not an easy job manouvering a bus round the back streets, but they didn't always help themselves - often saw two P13s locked in combat with each other!

The problem with the P13 is that it isn't very frequent but it has to crosse a large and unpredictably congested stretch of South London. The result is that keeping to the specified timetable is stressful and virtually impossible. Which means angry bus driver and angry passengers. Not a great combo.

It's a shame it's not more frequent because it's a very handy route - for me anyway.

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's a shame it's not more frequent because it's a

> very handy route - for me anyway.

Yeah I love the P13 on those days when they show up right after you get to the bus stop, otherwise it seems like you have to wait an age. It's my Sainsbury's bus. It's quality in that respect.

BarryRoad Wrote:

> P13 drivers seem to be the most aggressive of all

> of the bus drivers in the area, or so I've

> noticed. Is it tight schedules or do bad

> double-decker drivers get punished by being made

> to drive the 'silly little buses'?

I love that idea. Perhaps it should lose the P13 designation and just be called The Naughty Bus.

It is a handy route, and stops right outside the CPT :)-D

I hate the 176 drivers who seem to find it fun to go really fast down the stretch of LL leading up to the Police Station (coming down the hill), and jerk the brakes on as people are walking down the stairs. It happens EVERY time, so I am sure they're having a laugh!

They are having a laugh. 99% of the time on the bus from the library to Denmark Hill the driver will jerk the bus around and drive too fast etc. So you start to think that maybe it is unavoidable and that these busses can?t be driven smoothly. Then 1% of the time you get a driver who actually drives down the road sensibly and without trying to break pensioners? hips and you realise that the rest of them are just surly, aggressive wankers.

I would really like to be magnanimous and see their side of this but unfortunately I?ve reached the point where I have given up and just written them off as bastards who endanger the safety of their passengers and other road users.

Brendan Wrote:

> Catching the P13 from Streatham to East Dulwich in

> the evening is the most impractical, time

> consuming business ever. You may as well just stay

> in Streatham and wait for gentrification to occur.

CLASS POST!!!!

Made me spit my coffee though.....

A friend of a friend was a bus driver in the Midlands. If he had a bus full of rowdy or miserable passengers, which was often, he would say to himself 'you're all a bunch of arses, aren't you?' then jab the brakes a couple of times to make the passengers nod 'yes'.

He rushed forward on Underhill Road which is very narrow, trapping me behind a parked car, and I was nervous about squeezing through, as it was raining/dark/car steamed up/I was feeling quite unwell

I hope you have complained DG. Did you get the bus number? There is no excuse for this kind of behaviour from bus drivers. Where does the filthy coward get off anyway picking on a woman on her own? (6) Proabaly made him feel really good about himself no doubt.