Well ain't that nice!

Laddy Muck

Just reached my front door to be welcomed by a bucketload - of what look to be, smell like, and taste like - home grown strawberries. No note.

I have no idea who they are from. I only hope they were intended for me as I have already scoffed nearly one-third of them and, if they were: thank you.

Isn't life good!?

How lovely, Laddy Muck - like a gift from the universe.

My own version of that is that I was feeling a bit unloved this morning and met not one but two very affectionate dogs, who both made me feel much happier.

@ Ms B:

Awwww...well done to those doggies.

@ Mr. Medic:

Ahem...what can I say, other than they are utterly delicious. Still warm from the sunshine...sublime.

Funnily enough this isn't the first time someone has left goodies in a bucket outside my front door with no note. The last time this happened someone deposited a toad. Cute little thing it was. Cheered me up no end. I didn't eat it though, it looked so frightened.

Yes a toad ruffers. I found out - some months later - that it had been found crossing the Walworth Road (of all places), so the person concerned decided to bring it to me (as I have a pond). He's still around too! (The toad, that is).

Laddy Muck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well they will be coming out of my ears soon,

> that's for sure. God they are good though.

It's not your ears I am worried about. But it is an anagram of "ears", though. ::o

Laddy Muck I have a question for you: do you know anyone who hates you enough to want to poison you? If so, we all have enemies, might I suggest that next time someone deposits something on your door, you treat it with caution.

Unless it's a puppy of course!