Is FIFA rotten to the core?

MrBen

Blatter now facing an ethics enquiry. The whole shop stinks like a kipper. A cosy old boys club that is now falling apart like a house of cards in the face of a challenge to Blatter's presidency.

I'm amazed they've last this long given all the smoke - it needs a clear out and world football would be all the better (Qatari world cup anyone?)

It may sound bitter, etc, etc - But England would have hoasted an absolutely magnificent World Cup - all games sold out in fantastic stadiums with significant support for all teams...instead we have semi-dictatorship Russia and disaster in the making Quatar. Idiocy.

FIFA Corrupt twats that make the FA look efficient and ethical

In short yes. Blatter must must must go, and a hefty broom needs to be swept through the inner, oh sod it, outer sanctums too.

The IOC had a bit of a dodgy reputation in the past and is now much more transparent in it's workings and relatively free of corruption.

Football absolutely must follow suit.

Technology in football might be on the cards then too :D

Theoretically, if evidence of skullduggery is found then surely there is recourse for a rerun, as in any other fair democratic election. Perhaps, logistically that's too late for WC 2018 in Russia but certainly for 2022?

The FA are sore not out of basic bitterness as Blatter has claimed, but because they know what's really going on.

If FIFA stinks then the FA has a whiff about it, at least in terms of the old boy elf interest conservative thinking.

I guess the reason it has been more adaptable here is that it's had to respond to the power of the Premiership.

Not that I think that the Premier League is all good by any stretch, but that's another story.

I can't see a rerun happening however.

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is this the same fa who tried to call the sections

> of the press exposing FIFA corruption,

> "unpatriotic"?

That was realpolitik.

If they'd known the result beforehand (like Russia did) they'd have been braver.

No one is claiming they are great...England's World Cup would have been

Hmmm either the fa knew FIFA was corrupt beforehand or they didn't

Let's call it like it is... They did know FIFA was corrupt

So if England had got the world cup that would be ok then? I don't dispute a world cup here would be great (although I recall more empty seats than many people for euro 96) but so what. What was the realpolitik in aid of? JUST to get the world cup? That makes us different from qatar in not many ways

So Quatar's bid makes sense and ticked all the FIFA Requirements? FIFA said that our bid was the best prepared and we demonstarted and convinced on all the requirements of the, ahem, Official Bid requirements.....not so good on the unofficail ones apparently

Not trying to take a massive moral high point here on behalf of a crappy organisation like the FA just happen to believe that that FIFA is corrupt through and through...and we'd have hosted a great World Cup.

You think that Quatar will be a great World Cup? Enjoy.

I know the olympic ticket system is getting a lot of complaints, and cashing cheques before allocating tickets whiffs, but other than that.. I'm not sure what the specific problems are? How would you distribute 6.6 million tickets (or whatever it is) fairly?

As for the world cup, I don't get "So Quatar's bid makes sense and ticked all the FIFA Requirements? " at all. I don't see anyone backing Qatar's bid AT ALL. Bribery you say? Well blimey... who knew. Look the whole FIFA being corrupt thing is out of the bag now so hopefully we'll see some change. Who's at fault? I can't Believe It's Not Blatter etc etc

But quids you seem to be saying "FIFA is corrupt" as if you are arguing with anyone... I don't get it. It is. The "dodgy" teacher gave the sweets to the school bully. I'm happy to keep away from the sweets for a while

I can see the bid process for Qatar being redone on the back of all of this. I hope the pressure about FIFA stays headline long enough to see significant change. But the FA wanting it's cake and eat it can feck off too

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is this the same fa who tried to call the sections

> of the press exposing FIFA corruption,

> "unpatriotic"?

To be fair on the FA, it wasn't the investigation they objected to, but the timing of the programme to be three days before the vote. I'm not a big fan of the FA, but I thought they did have a point on that one. Would it have hurt the Beeb to have waited one week?

But the whole point is the FA knew the whole place stank to high heaven! They just hoped they would be the beneficiaries

Would it have hurt the beeb? What other shifty outfit should we benefit from by being "nice" to them.

If the FA had balls they would have put the award on the line by calling for an investigation BEFORE they got shafted. It beggars belief they thought they had a chance

It's realpolitik to sweettalk Gerry Adams or Ian Paisley to a genuine, possible goal of disarming madmen

It's not realpolitik to sweettalk Saddam Hussein when you know he is going to shaft you anyway. Otherwise George Galloway would be up there with the sages of the FA. Oh... he is

So we have a "democratic" FIFA election today that has just one candidate. Vote Blatter and you help keep the whole cosy club ticking over for another 4 years. Abstain and you'll be marked as a reformist, miss your next Christmas card and damage your nations chances for the foreseeable future.

The whole thing is an embarrassment to football. It would take only four or five leading football nations to break away and force change but it's all too ingrained. The FA have already screwed up and shot their bolt so whilst hardly crowned in glory have nothing to lose. But I can't see anyone joining them (Scots aside!).

The whole thing needs to be looked at, how much they pay there footballers which I may add are not worth the price of my toilet paper double dealings, back stabbing, and last but not least honour among thieves culture that is why football as become a joke and the fans are made to look a laughing stock paying high prices for tickets. All sports have there issues but football is the worst for this and as you say Jah Lush you have mussolini look like running things.