Hippies

huncamunca

If hippies were hauled in front of a revolutinary court for crimes against humanity, the prosecution would have a wealth of evidence to back their case for execution - Jonothon Livingston Seagull, Alternative therapies, Dress sense, Karma, selfishness, Charles manson- the list is endless.A shot in the back of the head seens pretty much a certainty

What would you produce for the defence to mitigate these crimes ?

Hey, Hunkydory, like, what's buggin you ma-a-an? Are you another one who misheard the Billy Bragg song Scholarship Is The Enemy of Romance (sorry Scottish hippies) or are you just having Altamont flashbacks?

huncamunca Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> im not feeling the love for hippies here. Any

> defenders?

Hippies - didn't they invent music festivals and counter-culture?

simn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> huncamunca Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > im not feeling the love for hippies here. Any

> > defenders?

> Hippies - didn't they invent music festivals and

> counter-culture?

Sorry, the case for the prosecution is now closed, your submision will be taken into account though.This thread is for defence only

I don't think you get it hunkyd.

Hippies (real ones) are a little like proto-hippy Jesus and are quite comfortable with the whole "prophets are not without honor except in their own country and in their own house " (Matthew 13:57 cf . Mark 6:4, Luke 4:24) thing.

Far from seeking to defend themselves against the revolutionary court they would revel in being persecuted and prosecuted for their lifestyle/beliefs and would declare their feelings of 'peace and love' for their oppressors even as the guillotine sliced into their unwashed necks, leaving the 'righteous' to (eventually... eventually) face up to what they had done, realise it was wrong and indulge in mass wailing and gnashing of teeth... or at least a vague sense that they may have been a bit harsh.

Id have more respect for hippies if they weren't mostly students, with no real life experience. By the time they reach 30, they've given up on all that shite because they're trying to make ends meat, and pay the rent.

"...or at least a vague sense that they may have been a bit harsh"

That made me laugh very much :-)

Tend to agree - hippies'd probably take great succour from persecution and probably make it a recruitment drive. Any thread dissing hippies is counter productive.

How about Vietnam though? Didn't that cost about 2 million lives? If the hippies hastened the end they might have saved 2m more.

The numbers probably seem a bit big to contemplate, but it's worth taking a moment to consider the scale of that pointless and vindicitive American imperialist slaughter.

Did anyone catch the All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace last night?

I particularly liked the bit about the hippy communities breaking down because their attempts at sweeping away power structures simply meant that the bullied had no means to stop the bullies.

ie hippies are just as bad as everyone else, just smugger about it.

My understanding of a hippy, are a group of people manly in America in the late 60s early 70s that dress in the native American style clothing and have this utopia way of thinking I don?t remember a hippy movement in London certainly not where I was growing up in the 70s maybe there might be a few in the suburbs at that time. Now I think most of them are now working for the Third Sector;-)