Glasto

huncamunca

"I missed a trick! I thought I had all of you ***ts covered but I forgot! Of course Glasto!!! Now I have another reason to hate you all whilst I pretend to live an unblemished, wise-decision-every-time life. (when really I have feelings of such self-loathing I hack my partner's forum account to participate in something I loathe. I only feel worse when I'm 'finished' and the cat - who I also hate did I mention - has been watching me)"

Yours

Snorky

last time there was a bogus waitrose tent and it was horrible - announcements went out from Wavy Jus:

"To get back to the warning that I received. You may take it with however many grains of salt that you wish. That the brown frosted cranberries that are circulating around us aren't too good. It is suggested that you stay away from them. Of course it's your own trip. So be my guest, but please be advised that there is a warning on that one, ok?"

but it was too late.

Bunch of cynics. Glastonbury could turn interesting this year if the Bono tax avoidance demonstration takes place during the U2 set as planned. I do hope so. I shall be anxiously awaiting the You Tube footage of the big inflatable wad of cash that's allegedly going to be bouncing around the mosh pit.

Not sure whether it's "corporate" or not, but Glastonbury is obviously big business, and as such, has been featuring crowd-pleasing, middle-of-the-road music for as long as I can remember. I won't be going myself, but each to their own.

I dare say there is some decent stuff there if you venture away from than the main stages, which is more than you could say for "V Festival" or whatever.

Not once have I ever paid a blind bit of notice to who is on the lineup at Glastonbury. The one time the headliner was a must-see for me I didn't even go

And it has become too bloated and cramped. But it's still one of the best parties on the planet

To condemn from the safety of the couch is so.... facile. The joy of Glastonbury is nothing to do with who is on the main stages - cliche as that is - but the endless variety for miles.

Says much that for the first couple of years of the forum, Glasto talk meant good-natured chitchat about times had there and now it's just people bleating about it

The 'line-up' (by which people usually mean the main acts) at Glastonbury has, notoriously, always been 'crap'.. but you'd have to be blind deaf and dumb to not stumble across at least a couple of dozen acts that surprised you. And stumbling across things has always been the way to go.. not stubbornly traipsing in line with your NME lanyard with various bands tediously circled in red pen so you can tick bands off like some sort of mundane musical treasure hunt.

I preferred the old festival before The Fence went up - and probably won't go again - but anyone could see (especially in the last couple of years prior) that it couldn't continue in the way it was - and clearly plenty of people like the way it is now.

The best thing about the new security is the burgeoning of dozens of smaller festivals - including those to cater for the 150,000 people who used to arrive without a tent and pay a nice man from the north west ?5 for 'special entry'.