Cherry B!

Dee Woffaz

Whilst walking to the station today i noticed an empty bottle of Cherry B (the little drink with the big kick) this instantly took me back to my teens and the little bottles of goodies that used to appear in the drinks cabinet just before Christmas. Snowball, with cat sick viscosity would be there untill the following year. Babycham would have been my tipple of choice as a 13 year old alas that was the first to go. Double Diamond that apparently worked wonders and many others that came in a 'Party 7' can, where did they go? Any other obscurities remembered?

Iceland on LL was selling four-packs of CherryB last Christmas.

In a similar vein do you remember 'Pony'? Advertised as "The little drink with the big kick!" it was in fact British cream sherry in a little bottle. Also remember 'Party 4' for the more fiscally bereft.

Another fondly remembered tipple was the 'malt liquor' (funny tasting lager to you and me) of the early 70s like Colt45 and Breaker - the alcoholic equivalent to Cresta. Only drunk - at the time - as it came in little cans so couldn't be watered down by the clubs that sold it - that and Pernod and black meant you got violently ill but were sure you weren't ripped off.

Emva Cream Sherry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbgwXFbTudk&feature=related

Lutomer Laski Riesling

Barley Wine

Asbach or Fundador Brandy

Campari

Mateus Rose

Watneys Red Barrel

Liebfraumilch

Taboo

Whatever happened to German wines? As they used to ask for when I worked in Oddbins in Liverpool in 1985, "Ay mate, have you got any of dat der table wine, how do you say it? Liefbrau, liebfro, leeben?"

We'd reply "I think sir is requesting the Bernkasteler K?rfustlay Gewurztraminer Trockenbeerenauslese Qualit?tswein mit Pradikat perhaps?" "No? Niersteiner Gutes Domtal, Qualitatswein bestimmter Anbaugebeit?", "Tafelwein then sir?" "Yeah, darrel do."

"Not red or white wine sir?" "How about Black or Blue then?" "What do you mean mate are you taking the P*ss like?" "No sir, I merely meant Black Tower or Blue Nun?" A little cruel in hindsight, but funny at the time.