How do I stop foxes coming in the garden?

Chippy Minton

There's a family of three foxes living a couple of gardens over and we have the associated problem of them coming in our garden crapping everywhere and ripping up neighbours' rubbish bags all over the place.

Anyone got any suggestions of how to stop them coming in? I've already bought an ultrasonic repeller thing but it doesn't work!

Move to a top floor flat

(you are here)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5a/Rusland_Court.jpg/450px-Rusland_Court.jpg

Foxes here...................................................................................................and more Foxes here⤴

NEXT (?)

*Bob* is right, human urine is apparently really quite effective. They like to poo in flower beds so if you can get more ground cover this will help.

You can't stop them, personally I really like them and I hope to see more in my garden.

Frankito Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How does one lure a fox into one's garden then?

> Playing the Chicken song..?

>

> *runs towards the radiogram*

I did say the above was frowned upon (a euphemism for illegal)but should you wish to lure one in for 'observation' then a sleeping infant placed in the middle of the lawn would probably do it - failing that take this advice from (bizarrely) Bird Forum...

snowyowl

Tuesday 13th April 2004, 12:17

I've been told that a good way to attract foxes is to fill a jar with earth worms, put the cap on the jar and leave it in the sun. Once the worms turn to mush, remove the cap and supposedly the odour from the rot will pull foxes from miles around. This is an old trappers trick. I've never tried this myself although I always intended to but now I have to consider my neighbour's chickens.