Blackberry v iPhone....?

Frankito

.. and as soon as you move to Android your evolution will be complete.

Blackberries have their use. Email is terrific and the corporate control is what companies want. iPhone is very good, but it is an Apple locked down product and you may only do what Apple say you can do (c.f. Flash).

Android is an iPhone untethered.

HTC Desire S (not the older Desire, it can't run the new OS) and the cheaper HTC Wildfire S (again, not the older one as it has a low-quality screen). Many friends of mine have the HTC Desire and love it.

Now if someone can just explain to me the ins and outs of contracts. I've been looking into them for the missus and comparing them seems intentionally difficult, coupled with the sheer number of shysters out there. You notice a good deal and then find email and data are extra - like you'd want a 3G phone without data or email. Anyone got a good deal they'd recommend for a low-use user?

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Moos Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > dammit, I'll bite. It's what?

>

>

> ,!!!!

O Bob, you wicked little tease, you.

I had a Blackberry and thought it was the bees knees when I had it, but I've had an iPhone since summer last year and I totally love my iPhone. It's a completely different type of experience but syncing it with some applications including my google calender can be a pain in the arse plus I've been unable to sync it with my itunes unless I deactivate my firewall, since I upgraded the software about 3 months ago.

A very geeky friend of mine wouldn't touch an iPhone and swears by Android, so maybe I'll check out some of the Android phones when I'm next due for an upgrade.

LadyDeliah Wrote:

> A very geeky friend of mine wouldn't touch an

> iPhone and swears by Android, so maybe I'll check

> out some of the Android phones when I'm next due

> for an upgrade.

The Android sounds good, indeed it does

My geeky computer tech cousin has one BUT the i-phone still makes you feel slightly geeky, when really you're a screen prodding bozo.

A Blackberry just makes you look like the c.nut you really are.

Nette

As a bit of a phone luddite I'd just like to say that the payg Samsung C140 I've had for the last three years cost ?19.99 new (including ?10 call credit so really only ?9.99) and has been extremely reliable.

Being a phone only it has never attracted covetous glares and does not even know what a pixel is let alone an 'app'. It is light, durable and - as I have the sim backed up - never causes me to worry unduly if I think it's been lost or stolen.

But then again my idea of a mobile office is a caravan with a desk in it.

Annette Curtain Wrote:

> A Blackberry just makes you look like the c.nut

> you really are.

I'm a corporate c..nut then, cos it's the standard issue mobile in our gaff. No choice.

Actually, it's not so bad now they are the 'cheap' option and loads of non-corporate people have them. I think an iPhone makes you look a bigger twunt, as this video demonstrates...

Ted Max Wrote:

> Jeremy should be shot and thrown in a shallow

> ditch becos Nokia is shagging Windows Phone7 not

> Android. Wot a knob.

Oh. Yes. You're right. Face. Egg on.

Can anybody tell me if this one's any good, and what sort of apps are available?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e5/Nokia_3210_3.jpg/244px-Nokia_3210_3.jpg

Annette Curtain Wrote:

> A Blackberry just makes you look like the c.nut

> you really are.

Bollocks. A blackberry makes you look like you actually do some work and don't just have a phone to post pictures on here and generally be a cooler-than-thou, dad-dancer. 'Cept now every kid on the bus has got one, it doesn't make you look cooler than anyone, granddad.

If it weren't for needing to send emails, I wouldn't have a blackberry. But email's great and it's irredeemably shit on an iphone. Blackberries make you look like a boring square. But that's what I am.