jane1

jane1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> is there any1 in east dulwich that can cut down a

> huge tree 4 me in my back garden please, i think

> it would have 2 b a tree surgon, i would pay 4 the

> work, many thanks..........

You cannot just cut down a Tree.

Some time back 3 trees at the rear of my flat were thought to be responsible for subsidence

of neighbouring properties. and needed to be removed.

Altough they were not actually on my Land /Property I was deemed partly responsible for the cost of

their removal. Two of the trees were on the other side of the damaged properties which were detached from me.

Deeming responsibility is a complecated process. In your case this would seem straight forward.

Proving the trees were responsible for the damage invoved Solicitors, Building Societies,

Insurance companies all of the persons involved.

Several Tree surveys were conducted to access Tree Root Coverage, as revoving a tree will cause

the roots to decay and cause damage to nearby properties as the ground dries out.

Tree roots of a large tree can be mant metres long.

The whole process took many months and cost me several hundred pounds. Just my part of the payment.

Best to have a survey done to assess the pros and cons of removing it.

If porperties are not affected by the tree staying, it is unlikely you will get permission to remove it.

Good Luck.

A mate of mine had a large tree cut down, it was not preserved there was hardly any access to the road so all the tree had to be cut up in small peices and taken out through a side entance they were very heavy.

The bill added up as;

Remove tree to ground level ?2.010.

Reduce size to logs for removal ?1.750.

Move Cut sections to Vehicle ?1.450.

Transport Five lorry loads

and dispose of tree ?1.050.

?6.260.

VAT ?1.326.

?7.586.

It was not cheap and quite a shock for him.

We had a quote for 2 options to either chop off 5ft or fell a and dispose of tree (had to be done for insurance reasons) and they were both ?100. Someone local, can't remember his name but just saying it shouldn't be too expensive. I personally am a fan of climbing trees and doing it myself very rewarding but as my neighbour pointed out the next day doing it in flip flops isn't very sensible.