Should Sharon Osbourne Ever Be Allowed On TV Again?

Loz

Someone posted this up on the Guardian site. Considering the sanctions handed out (quite rightly) to Andy Gray and co, should Sharon Osbourne ever be allowed on TV again after this piece of quite sexist and quite revolting advocacy of mutilation and domestic violence?

And as for the laughter of the audience, words fail me. Such a light hearted and fun topic. Not. At least Sara Gilbert tried to inject some sanity.

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Would you be so comfortable if a group of men on

> TV were discussing a 'revenge' rape or an honour

> killing and one said he thought it was 'quite

> fabulous'? Would that be acceptable?

No it wouldn't be acceptable, and I understand what you're saying, but this is just trash TV, I don't think it's worth etting particularly upset about.

Shazza Osbourne isknown for being a twot so we shouldn't be surprised by her eagerness to offend. It's a bit like getting offended by The Viz which would be stupid cos it's hilarious. Mind you, if I ever gave it to my Mum to read I know she wouldn't like it

(*mother: secretly offended by her affinity with Mrs Brady Old Lady*)

I'm a bit miffed the fois gras thread is getting more attention. I mean, one thread is all about banning the products from a large, overfed, old stupid bird... and the other is about pate.

It's in poor taste, no doubt about that. It is a daytime trash tv programme but that's not any excuse either. Having said that, to then say why should men care about rape, equility etc just because one stupid woman exercises no boundaries of taste is equally daft.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Having said that, to then say why

> should men care about rape, equility etc just

> because one stupid woman exercises no boundaries

> of taste is equally daft.

Agreed. Unfortunately I couldn't find a completely clean copy of the programme and, as I said, didn't actually make it that far when I first posted.

The point is that what Osbourne said was beyond the pale and she should be treated the same way Andy Gray and Ron Atkinson were. Her remarks were very much in the same league of offensiveness and she should be off the TV for good.