Virgin Media TV

m100

Hi,

I currently have Virgin Media Internet and the service is a bit unpredictable....sometimes it is fine for weeks then suddenly for several days the internet doesn't work. I am thinking about getting a TV package from either Sky or Virgin and I was wondering does anyone have problems with the TV service also or are the local issues just for the internet? Any feedback or current deals anyone has heard about would be great too!

Thanks.

I am just weighing up the different options-the trouble is I think it would be cheaper to get the whole package from 1 provider and I have also heard a lot of issues about Sky's broadband. Also we currently have a virgin phone line and the BT phone lines are quite expensive in install.

Ah ok.. I have the whole Virgin package and there are are issues with intrrnet going down/ on demand tv freezing etc but, more recently it all seems a lot better... I reckon there are issues with most of the providers, it's a question of which one has the services that interest you most.

I have a Virgin phone/TV/Broadband package, and the only issues I've ever had has been with the internet going down temporarily - I think twice in 4.5 years, and on both occasions hours rather than days.

I agree with Frankito that there must be issues with all providers, so it's a good idea to have a back-up should the internet connection go down - in my case I use a bluetooth connection on my mobile as I have an unlimited web access tariff, but this is an old phone and I'm sure there are other more up to date/convenient options such as an iPhone.

We also have the whole package and have only ever had problems with our Internet connection. Having had Sky tv in the past, I would have to say I prefer Virgin Media. I think their catch up tv is a lot more advanced & really useful for those good programmes you've missed. Not even sure if Sky has catch up tv?

If you're happy to stick with their Internet service, then I agree you're better off getting the full package from them.

We have the whole Virgin package, and generally no problems - recently had some issues with the HD channels, but a quick call last night to the call centre got it resolved when they pointed out that the lead going into the box appeared to be a little loose (a bit freaky - it was like they were actually behind the TV....). Seems fine now..!

Al

We have a virgin phone, Internet and tv package. Have had problems with the iternet but as I like the tv catch up from virgin i don't want to switch. The call centre told me they'd upgraded something so Internet service should improve from now on - I won't hold my breath though.

We have a whole package with Virgin, the internet does play up and sometimes the catch up service, but not the same extent as the internet. Quite frustrating as I never had this problem when I was with o2 internet. But same as others, I love the catch up.