So the flying ants have hatched!

jennyh

Have noticed a few ants the last few weeks but this afternoon seems to have heralded the arrival of the swarms and all the new baby ones. We have hundreds and hundreds of them everywhere you look! Last year we had to pay someone to help eradicate a nest from one of our cupboards. Currently they are staying outside, anyone got any tips on how to control the swarm or keep them away? We currently have a joss stick burning and the ant spray to hand but it seems a little weak to deal with the number we have!

ah ok I have just read a bit about them and they are not biters so apparently we should leave them and marvel in the natural phenomenon of the mating season. I guess I was a little hasty with the Raid spray.

For the 2nd time in a year I have an ants nest in between kitchen and shower room wall.They have eaten in the past year, the back of my kitchen unit and through a batten of a stud wall, a door frame, the back door and some plaster. They are now back again and I have called in the builders - it looks as though the whole of the partition wall will now have to be demolished and a brick wall built and all the door frames renewed. A cost of a few thousand I imagine as all the tiles of the shower room will have to come down.

Does anyone know whether I could claim some of the costs of rebuilding from my buildings insurance?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Yet another increase, its absolutely disgusting. I was charged £7.95 to send documents recorded delivery last week. I asked for the Signed for option that only costs £2.50 but the Post Office refused & said they would only send them recorded delivery. 
    • Thanks Admin for clarifying - I’ve now found the post they used to scrape my telephone number from. So it wasn’t a data breach from EDF, rather my foolishness posting it online 15 years ago…    Still leaving this thread here if that’s ok so that people are aware of this scam and don’t fall foul of it (also to think twice before posting phone numbers here as it can be used by any one as I’ve found out!)
    • There is deliberately nowhere to enter your phone number, name, address etc anywhere when registering an account on this forum. There never has been. There is no way to attach this sort of personal information to your account.  If someone says that EDF has given your phone number, then this is a lie. No personal information is sold to any third party and it is not collected in the first place.     
    • Anyone else received a cold call from this company pretending to be calling on behalf of EE? When I asked how they’d got my data they said ‘from East Dulwich forum’. I have contacted the Admin to find out whether EDF are selling our data to marketing companies or if they’ve been hacked. Alternatively the website is being scraped somehow.    Just warning others in case anyone else receives a call- it’s a scam, do not engage with them 🙂
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In