Wife knocked off bike-solicitor recommendation?

Shankley

My wife was knocked off her bike this morning in the village by a car. Broken wrist, concussion and cuts and bruises but thankfully not worse.

Can anybody suggest a good local solicitor to use to deal with our injury claim? Not sure about using one of these dodgy looking companies off the tele.

I understand that liability is not an issue and the driver admitted liability to the police.

Thank you!

Shankley Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I understand that liability is not an issue and

> the driver admitted liability to the police.

You better hope he didn't. It is part of most insurance contracts that you are not to admit liability.

The insurer will have to deal with the third party claim whatever. That's why third party cover is the minimum legal requirement, to protect innocent third parties.The insurer may have a recourse in certain circumstances to claim back anything they pay as settlement from the policyholder but that is of no concern to me.

Get in touch with the LCC - London Cycling Campaign. They have a few recommended solicitors who are experienced in dealing with cyclist claims.

Glad that your wife isn't too badly injured although anything broken is always a bit of a nightmare. Where in the Village was it? I've had a few close calls at the roundabout where Village, Gallery and Burbage meet.

It was exactly in that location. Wife had cycled through park and then down college road, left at roundabout intending to go down Burbidge. Driver came straight out of Gallery road into my wife.

Thanks for the advice :)

Yes - I now cover my brakes and take that bit quite slowly since cars coming down don't often seem ready to stop which is alarming given they have no visibility of the road on the immediate right.

I have also had a couple coming out of Burbahe to go back to the park with drivers continuing along Village which zi have slightly more sympathy with given that the street furniture on the little island doesn't help line of sight and there aren't that many road users taking that route

• 2 weeks later...