tommy

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can second BB's opinion. Pork char sui(sp?) buns

> was superb.

>

> All very reasonable. 4 of us stuffed our faces for

> just over ?10 a head.

?10 a head sounds good, will definitely check it out soon. Char siu buns are one of my favourites too.

I'm pretty sure most dim-sum is just the same mass-produced frozen stuff, so it doesn't vary much from place to place. But that's not a problem when it's cheap and hits the spot.

I spoke to the owners of the dim sum place the other day: absolutely charming people, I hope to eat there soon and wish them all the best.

Threads is brilliant - lovely, young girl with fab second hand clothes and some whizz vintage pieces. My dog was welcomed inside too which is very refreshing. Cheaper than ED Warehouse (which I love) and a great addition to Bellenden Road.

a young man from brooklyn was over recently as he was working for us. he'd been staying in hackney and shoreditch the 2 months he was in town. when he headed over for dinner (se5) he asked "where is peckham from here?" as i pointed over the railway track i asked him why he was interested. apparently peckham is piquing interest in hackney and is seen as the 'new place' where lots of interesting things are going on :)

i'm sure that this will upset some but i think that it's great.

Students in trilbies drawing on the walls of abandoned portakabins. That's the sort of thing we're after, I think. The trendies are moving in though, and the scene is moving on.

Think of the Meatwagon/easy trajectory and extend to the creative output of Camberwell CofA and Goldsmiths.

I was assuming that the young hipsters would look for things like bars/clubs, art, live music, interesting places to eat, etc. Although I can see the attraction of drawing on the portakabins, and not to mention the tent on top of the multi-storey serving campari and fish.

So now that Peckham is so obviously pass? (even the Americans are in on it), where next? Penge?

Come on now. Here's a list of Peckham (and one or two Dulwich and Camberwell) art galleries - and I've attached a map as well, because I want people to think I don't spend all my time watching repeats of Rosemary & Thyme on ITV3. In fact I also spend some of it pretending to know shit about the Peckham art scene.

http://www.southlondonartmap.com/galleries/area/peckham

(Brendan, all the original Edwardian bedrooms in Penge are designed so the marital beds would lie exactly in line with the rising sun on the Summer solstice. And Parish records show that during the years of the first world war, not a single male baby was baptised in the area.)

Heard a group of young hipster types In SLA168 tonight bemoaning the gentrification of Bellenden. Kitted out in Skinny jeans , man bags, asymmetric hair, single speed bikes they were. Peckham's Hoxton sans (as many) twats I tell you.

taper Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Heard a group of young hipster types In SLA168

> tonight bemoaning the gentrification of Bellenden.

> Kitted out in Skinny jeans , man bags, asymmetric

> hair, single speed bikes they were. Peckham's

> Hoxton sans (as many) @#$%& I tell you.

NO....

I work in Hoxton Sq.

There are by percentage AS many cunts per capita in the Bellenden area.

Nette:-S