Anyone organising SE22 events and using the EDF had their email hacked?

languagelounger

Hello

I'd be grateful to hear from anyone organising voluntary social activities or indeed commercial events around SE22, who has had recent experience of having their email accounts hacked? We have had two email accounts compromised in the past 10 days. I know it's quite common for email accounts to be compromised if you use public wifi but there may be specific local reasons for concern here, so I would like to hear from anyone who has had experienced the same thing, and especially if you have had any inappropriate behaviour targeted at your event/s at the same time.

Many thanks.

It certainly seeems very strange languagelounger, can you be more specific?

Are you talking about an email account with someone like yahoo or google? Are you talking about a corporate email account like work? Are you talking about your PMs on here?

It's usually very difficult to hack email accounts on public or corporate services. Industrial or state level attacks on a local voluntary service would be overkill, so it seems more likely that someone guessed your passwords.

My suspicions would be nosing around people who had access to the PC you use to access your email - particularly if the two of you who were hacked knew each other.

How do you know you were hacked? Sensible hackers wouldn't leave a trace.

Hi

I'm just looking for information from anyone who has may have had a similar experience, and if so, we would like to hear from them, and please get in touch by private message.

Re: Email accounts used by people organising local activities hijacked/hacked recently, any other inappropriate behaviour that has caused you problems. We have been running for 3 years and we have reason to be concerned about this for the first time.

Very specific request, thanks, and no reason why it would be of interest to anyone who would not fall under this specific request. Thanks.

Well languagelounger, I work in tbe industry so may have been able to help you solve your problem.

You're aware I take it that if someone had been using your account to send emails the IP address of the hacker's computer is encoded in the email, as is a variety of other useful information?

However, now you've been so rude I won't bother.