The way to drive over speed bumps

malumbu

First up, I believe that many motorists are irresponsible, therefore we need speed controls and enforcement.

Secondly I know that most motorists haven't a clue how to drive on roads with these. Speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down. Oh what fun I had on Court Lane overtaking a Chelsea tractor (or in my words a tank) in my forty years old car.

So this is how you drive, keep up a steadyish speed, ease of the throttle in-between and then slightly accelerate just before the bumps, which helps to spread out the impact (there is a more technical explanation no doubt).

So I do Court Lane between 18 and about 22mph, smug that I am loosely keeping to a sensible and appropriate 20mph, but even more smug that I have burnt out a car forty years newer, worth 15 times more than mine.

Which way did you come? I did A45 then B3983 but avoiding the temporary lights at Yaleham by looping round Great Hadenough. I get a better mpg that way and am less likely to allow the suicidal thoughts to surface whilst waiting in the queue to turn right at the old World Of Leather....