Things I learnt at uni or should have learnt.

Fabricio the Guido

I now know that there's no such thing as Triassic boulder clay and I should never have chosen a predominantly sedimentary area for my geological map.

That and the fact that relationship angst can easily wait until after third year assignments are completed.

Fabricio the Guido Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "Justice" and "the law" make uneasy bedfellows.

> That and relationships represent the triumph of

> hope over experience.

You can learn that in law school I suppose or just by following politics. The bit about relationships -- that's an indirect quote from Samuel Johnson who used that phrase to describe a second marriage. Extending it to relationships in general is even more cynical and yes, one can learn that at uni, although not in class.

Santerme Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 12 pints followed by Tandoori is a bad idea.

Of course it is, are you no respecter of tradition? Anyone who can (used to be able to:'() manage 12 pints needs to go for a vindaloo or a phal at least.

The is an inverse relationship between complexity and knee jerk reactions, the more complex is a hot button topic the more simplified is the public solution.

riot + looting = violence

>greater violence = solution.

criminals break the law therefore more, violence, more prisons, more cops, tougher sanctions = less criminals!

Well if we're talking culinary lessons learned:-

Mayo is not salad cream gone off, tinned asparagus is not sophisticated and just because you CAN get a 1.5 litre bottle of liebfraumilch with a screw top doesn't mean you should.