Tonight!!!!!

edresi10

With the police being as stretechd as they are and the likelihood of knobs returning to our area tonight we need to stand up to the pricks. Im not tallking fighting running battles through ED but we need to pull together as a community, form a human chain around the local area and stop the bastards getting in- anyone else prepared to stand up to them???

edresi10 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> With the police being as stretechd as they are and

> the likelihood of knobs returning to our area

> tonight we need to stand up to the pricks. Im not

> tallking fighting running battles through ED but

> we need to pull together as a community, form a

> human chain around the local area and stop the

> bastards getting in- anyone else prepared to stand

> up to them???

I thought this too... 200-300 local residents could of seen off the 50 so yobs in ED last night.

But any stand off would seem to attract more yobs to the area making a bad situation worse.

Fox

Seemed to work in Clapham-

Earlier, a social divide revealed itself in Clapham this morning. Looters stopped sacking shops at the junction between St Johns Road to the north and Northcote Road to the south. To the north are council estates and chain stores such as Debenhams, JD and Currys. These shops were looted. To the south are Victorian terraces and shops like Jack Wills, White Stuff and artisan bakeries. These were untouched. Am told Northcote Road residents formed a line at where the roads meet and let no-one pass.

the kids may well kive iIN The area you're trying to block off.

doesn't need to be confrontational.

you don't need to stand in groups on street corners.

don't wear combats or black.

the kids just need to see grown-ups calmly outside their houses.

if anything kicks off their could be a case for trying to block a road but I think the main thing is trying to make sure the kids pass through the neighbourhood realising there's loads of locals just hanging out all friendly like.

Completely agree, but its strength in numbers taht is needed, no weapon wielding or aggressive shouting, just simple, peaceful lining the streets, not giving them the chance to cause any damage to property. These guys are not interested in fighting everyone they see, just on what they can get from shops and damage that they can cause. If we all stood together it could work, if it came to it.

edresi10 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Seemed to work in Clapham-

>

> Earlier, a social divide revealed itself in

> Clapham this morning. Looters stopped sacking

> shops at the junction between St Johns Road to the

> north and Northcote Road to the south. To the

> north are council estates and chain stores such as

> Debenhams, JD and Currys. These shops were looted.

> To the south are Victorian terraces and shops like

> Jack Wills, White Stuff and artisan bakeries.

> These were untouched. Am told Northcote Road

> residents formed a line at where the roads meet

> and let no-one pass.

I'm not suprised.

Imagine the scene on the 7th floor

"What did y'get then, coz I got a Sony 52' flat screen "

"Well...I got two sour-dough loaves, innit"

Not very "cred" really that.

Nette:-S

Yes, I got caught up in the Londis shenanigans last night and it really was a bunch of kids grabbing armfuls of sweets - the first one through the door was a guy who clearly had nothing to loose: older than the rest, homeless probably - he turned tail when the door initially got closed behind him by the heroic sales assistant who vaulted the counter and tried to stop the rest of them coming in until he was overwhelmed. Let's just get out on the streets folks and make the point that this isn't what we want for our young people and our communities.