Forum Sponsors

www.dulwichcorefitness.co.uk

Glazer Delmar

www.shearwatershutters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...354355356357358359360361362363364...LastNext
Current Page: 359 of 496
messageRe: Football Focus
Posted by red devil 08 March, 2012 19:29

smiling smiley I think you should qualify that's Straferjack and Parkdrive...Ladygooner is off cam getting the bruschettas in

Posted by maxxi 08 March, 2012 19:46

Now that Man C's £400m sponsorship deal with Etihad has been declared "an improper transaction" what measures do the panel think the light blue billionaires will use to qualify under the FFP regs in the future?

I have heard that a "Platinum Elite" service is available - a private box and all the trimmings but also a personalised peg in the changing room, choice of picking two subs per game and a lift home from Balotelli (home games only). Cost is £450m/season and the first taker was a Mr. Smith.

Posted by Otta 08 March, 2012 20:56

Quote:
As for the 'low hand' nonsense, I think it
speaks volumes that even LFC didn't bring
this up as an excuse in the aftermath...if
they thought there was the merest hint of
credence in it's substantiality we wouldn't
have heard the last of it.

Have to disagree with that, as I think by that stage, the powers that be at LFC were on damage limitation, and just wanted to start putting it behind them.

Suarez is definitely a loose canon, but I'm not sure he is the evil spawn of Satan that some people have been making him out to be.

Posted by Parkdrive 08 March, 2012 20:59

United have a stinker in the first half, poor passing and defending.

Posted by red devil 08 March, 2012 21:01

Blimey, Bilbao are a bit tasty, what pills have they been popping?..would be happy with a scrappy win embarrased smiley

Posted by Parkdrive 08 March, 2012 21:18

Bilbao sticking it to the rags, both on the pitch and in the stands.

Posted by Parkdrive 08 March, 2012 21:47

Are the Bilbao fans singing "is there a fire drill"?

Posted by Parkdrive 08 March, 2012 21:53

Obligatory penalty at old stratford

Posted by Parkdrive 08 March, 2012 21:58

Ferguson checking his watch at full time was a peach of a picture. Clearly the ref doesn't know about Fergie time. Love the result, especially in the rags back yard.

Posted by Parkdrive 09 March, 2012 07:36

Where's the rags fans this morning? Crying in to their cornflakes no doubt.

Posted by Alan Medic 09 March, 2012 18:45

5 posts in a row.Must be some sort of record that! A scratched one methinks.

Posted by Mick Mac 10 March, 2012 01:12

Yes. Every parkdrive post says "show/hide".

Posted by Mick Mac 10 March, 2012 08:43

The Blue Knights are set to save Rangers. A huge relief for their fans if it comes off.

Don't know if they will want to cover the potential 49m though. Also most players taking the huge pay cuts will need to make a decision as to what to do in close season. Surely the consortium does not have sufficient funds to pay full footballing wages plus 49m?

The possibility of rangers going into liquidation was slightly amusing for Celtic fans but at the end of the day its a two team league and without Rangers then supporting Celtic would not be much fun.

Posted by red devil 10 March, 2012 09:44

Surely Rangers are too big a club to go under?
Isn't it just a case of interested investors waiting in the wings before they pounce at the 11th hour in order to get the best deal?

Posted by Mick Mac 10 March, 2012 10:07

Would you want to invest in a company with a 49m potential liability? I don't think any deal will be a good one for investors but instead it will be a case of people being willing to put their hand in their pocket to save a great club.

Posted by maxxi 10 March, 2012 13:13

As a kid most boys had either Celtic or Rangers as a second team - but then there was some kind of disconnect - don't know whether it was the SPL or what but since then - and up to now - I haven't really followed or cared about either.

I certainly don't 'get' what seems a bonkers format for a league - top six/bottom six, seedings and the subsequent possibilty of an inbalance of home and away games - and I only know this much thanks to wiki...

An outsider must look at the table at the end of the season and wonder how 12 teams could play so many games against each other. Isn't it killing interest?

Posted by Parkdrive 10 March, 2012 20:07

Mick Mac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes. Every parkdrive post says "show/hide".

Love reeling you and your croonies in, its too easy. Speaking of which , mind the gap Spuds.

Posted by Parkdrive 10 March, 2012 20:20

Alan Medic Wrote:
> 5 posts in a row.Must be some sort of record that!
> A scratched one methinks.

You think? That's novel.

Posted by SCSB79 10 March, 2012 21:41

HMRC have said they are willing to do a deal. As long as Whyte is out of the picture, which hopefully he will be.
The big tax case findings are yet to be released so no one knows what the full liability could be.... and of that, HMRC will maybe deal at something like 10p in the pound.
Liquidation is a very unlikely option now, as the administrator said.
Rangers are looking at a fighting fund which will assist through til the end of the season if we don't get the money that is being battled over in court that Whyte has "stolen".
The players agreeing cuts in wages is hugeky commendable - saved all 177 staff at Ibrox and Murray Park.

Maybe it'll be Celtic's turn next when thier 30million "soft" loans from Desmond get called in??!!

Posted by Parkdrive 10 March, 2012 22:08

I have sympathy for Pompeys plight but don't give a rats arse about Rangers.

Posted by SCSB79 10 March, 2012 22:33

Why?

Posted by red devil 10 March, 2012 23:20

Mick Mac Wrote:
> Would you want to invest in a company with a 49m
> potential liability? I don't think any deal will
> be a good one for investors but instead it will be
> a case of people being willing to put their hand
> in their pocket to save a great club.

Would depend how much money I had and could afford to lose.
Small change compared to the alleged £2 billion Abramovich has spent at Chelsea.

Posted by Mick Mac 11 March, 2012 00:11

SCSB. You have to make everything personal. Celtic stared bankruptcy in the face before and as such put a code of.conduct in place to ensure they did not have problems in the future. Rangers will do the same..

Posted by Parkdrive 11 March, 2012 10:50

SCSB79 Wrote:
> Why?

More to the point, why should ?

Posted by SCSB79 11 March, 2012 11:04

I don't make it personal - you just take everything I say to heart. I can't help it if you are insecure and can't take a bit of banter. Why is it Man U and Man C fans, and Spurs and Arsenal fans can mock each other and no one seems to get as offended as you??
Also, in response to your point on finances... Check the small print. You'll find Celtic are £30m in the red. It might be in the red to their sugar daddy, but the loans are there. Would you say £30m in the red is a good financial 'code of conduct'?

Parkdrive - no one is saying you should. I just wondered if you had a specific reason.

Posted by Parkdrive 11 March, 2012 11:43

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Love both these lads.

Posted by Alan Medic 11 March, 2012 12:30

I was surprised how good Balotelli's English is. Much better than Capello who was here for years. Who is the other guy?

Posted by Parkdrive 11 March, 2012 15:35

Consider this. Liverpool brought back Dalglish in the expectation of turning things around, to boost that ambition they spent huge amounts of money, a luxury they did not extend to Hodgson. Given all of that, had Hodgson done the same, can you imagine the grief and abuse he would have got. God alone knows what the EDFers would have said if the Arsenal had spent as much and we had performed like Liverpool. Yet nobody seems to think Dalglish isn't up to the job, another poor result yesterday. So much for the return of the king, more like the emperors new clothes.

Posted by Alan Medic 11 March, 2012 17:16

Well I do wonder why you spend £35M on a player you don't use very much. You would expect the finished article for that amount. Martin O'Neill would appear to be a much better manager. Wonder what he would have done at Liverpool.

Posted by Undisputedtruth 11 March, 2012 18:23

Parkdrive Wrote:
> Consider this. Liverpool brought back Dalglish in
> the expectation of turning things around, to boost
> that ambition they spent huge amounts of money, a
> luxury they did not extend to Hodgson. Given all
> of that, had Hodgson done the same, can you
> imagine the grief and abuse he would have got. God
> alone knows what the EDFers would have said if the
> Arsenal had spent as much and we had performed
> like Liverpool. Yet nobody seems to think
> Dalglish isn't up to the job, another poor result
> yesterday. So much for the return of the king,
> more like the emperors new clothes.

Liverpool record under Roy Hodgson

10 wins out of 20 got him the sack. £20m spent.

Liverpool record under Dalglish

10 wins out of 27. £100m spent.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...354355356357358359360361362363364...LastNext
Current Page: 359 of 496

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed