People listening to Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars...

Ted Max

Good answer, SJ.

What do they listen to now? I'm backing La Perri's delightful dirge of the wronged party, Jar of Hearts.

Jeremy, good shout but for our doomed couple I'm saying red + pot of supermarket hummus and some of those Thai Chilli flavour Sensations.

Hopefully imprisoned for their tastes in both music and wine.

Sorry Ted - ditto for those who like "Jar of Hearts". I wish that woman would shut up, or at least tell us what she's done with her "Tub of Kidneys" and her "Pot of Spleens".

Who do you think you are?

Runnin' 'round leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts

And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

So don't come back for me

Who do you think you are?

Sniffle. So what are we drinking, Edcam, five years later, with that little celebration of "I'm so over you, baby"? Unchilled vodka from the bottle, yesterday's underpants gathering your tears in your lap, A Place in the Bastard Sun on mute in the background?

Ted Max Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Who do you think you are?

> Runnin' 'round leaving scars

> Collecting your jar of hearts

> And tearing love apart

> You're gonna catch a cold

> From the ice inside your soul

> So don't come back for me

> Who do you think you are?

>

> Sniffle. So what are we drinking, Edcam, five

> years later, with that little celebration of "I'm

> so over you, baby"? Unchilled vodka from the

> bottle, yesterday's underpants gathering your

> tears in your lap, A Place in the Bastard Sun on

> mute in the background?

I'd drink meths in order to avoid having to listen to that song again! Those lyrics are APPALLING!!

D_C has the spirit of it, I think.

Jeremy, I fear Jar of Hearts is a joke, but a very public one.

Otta, yes, good shout. And actually while we're here I think Keep Bleatin' would fit the mood too.

Magpie and Salsaboy, I think you need to indulge a little, let the hygiene slip for a week or two, put on a little weight, wander from room to room wondering how it can be that even the walls and floors seem to hate you.

Anyway, I've a feeling our couple's older brothers would have listened to Everybody Hurts BITD whilst eating a kilo of qwik cook pasta 'n' cheap pesto from the corner shop. Their little sisters perhaps digging into You're Beautiful and a gross of Fruit n Nut. All of Coldplay gets an outing, of course.

Your mate and his wife were going to play the Armadillo? Impressive. Oh right.

I think Jeremy and Otta are right. 1990s: he - Oasis and curry; she - Angels and a kebab.

Then, later, when they've moved to London and taken their drugs and spent a couple nights a year at The Fridge, they've bought a house together over in ED. There's this new band that reminds them of the old days; they like to play the song while they stay in on a Friday night - too tired now to go out. Middle management and middle wage killing them. Just them, the occasional joint perhaps, and Gary.

Five years later, she's moved abroad "for work". They haven't told their parents. He's all snot, used underpants, and room temperature Vodka. He Skypes her at 2am - early evening for her - and she's online but she doesn't answer.

Still, at least he's kept the house in ED, and the Forum log-in.

Well Mr Ben, my spies tell me that the journey from the conspiratorial "bottle of fizz and a fumble" in the back room of Green & Blue to gut-wrenching, phlegm-drenched IM chats at 4am is a short and bitter one. No use lying about it.

It wasn't Blossom Hill, was it.

It was Jacobs Creek & that bitter taste slowly sliding down the back of the throat.

" Have you sneaked another one whilst I was in the loo "

"No, honest .....I haven't" he protests, eyebrows arching high on his forehead

"You have, there was more there before " she says, looking down at the powder obscuring the C.D's play list.

He stays silent.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f2/1990s_Mathmos_Astro.jpg/360px-1990s_Mathmos_Astro.jpg & stares intently at the lava lamp.