come on people wheres your community spirit?

nikkinuts

i have sent numerous threads pleading (lol) for items to be donated to charity. They will be going to the people that have been made homeless because of the croydon riots. They are in desperate needs of household items, pot, pans, plates, books, toys, toiletries, nappies etc. Please people only one person has responded and maybe im asking too much but i really thought people would show more community spirit as we were all affected by what happened and speechless when peoples homes were burnt down. Please have a look around, have a declutter, all the stuff you no longer use. We are holding a donation day tomorrow 17th august 2011 between 4-6pm and we are asking people to please bring unwanted items to 15 or 22 fermor rd, forest hill se23 off stanstead rd, light refreshments given for your generousity. If you have no transport i will try and arrange for someone to collect if local. thank you for reading and hopefully responding.

nikkinuts, I'm unconvinced that people on the forum aren't showing community spirit, if you look around the site you'll see that people have already asked what they can do and where they can donate (and to be honest, I'm not sure telling people they have no community spirit is going to help win anyone round).

It might help your cause if you explain a bit about who you are and what you're planning to do with the donations. I don't mean to be sceptical, but as it stands, you're just asking people to come and leave their belongings in the garden of a mystery "very kind lady".

thei9rs alot of peple woh use the sit e to mak a quikc bukc if yuo looke at the buy an sels sextions and se e what poeple have comented regraridng ohters who sel on via gumtre bikes semem to be a favorite for edf entroproners i can unerstand it tho but you have too be carful that teh recipent is bean honest an not macking qiuk bukc form your genorosity if you chekc back on users id history posts yuo can see what tehy have been buying and this is arl some people do here and sell it on elwhere sadly may be it woold help if yuo can provide bit of bakcgrnd info to alay poeples may be unfounded suspicoins lol