Novel Idea

sfhyouthforum

When I am not arguing the virtues of da yoof (the youth!), I happen to be writing a novel about them. Funnily enough the novel is all about aspiration; how a teenager can realise their goals within the complications of today's society. It's set on my street.

I'm at the stage now where I could do with some helpful feedback. Would anyone be interested in meeting for a series off three book debates? I'd print you off sample chapters which I can post to you or email you a PDF. Then we can discuss them a week or so later. I would book a space and provide tea or coffee.

You don't need to be an expert or anything, just completely honest and upfront about my writing and how I portray the characters. The first session would probably take place at the end of September. With the other two in October.

• 5 weeks later...

Annette Curtain Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes Mel

>

> Who is hen and what is a "series off" as in...

>

> a series off three book debates?

>

> Other than that yuor book suonds graet.

>

>

> ;-)

Sounds? What's that...?

*Hears mining activites of various 'writers' tunneling through the threads for funny/original/interesting material...*

Needless to say all of Nette's post are copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Mel. I dont think you understand enough of " da yoof - slang for the youth! ".

It might be better to become more computer aware.

You meant to say Then, then why not go back to that message and edit to be correct?

To write an interesting Novel, about those who live in your street, would have to have a content of truth, should you ever get a publisher, anything not factual will come back and bite you.

ComputedShorty - if I told the facts you'd think I was an irresponsible liar adding to an over inflated hysteria on youth!...

Thanks for your yes votes...

a series means that I would ask you to meet me three times, to see the changes I would have made to some sample chapters after hearing your points of view. So for best availability, mornng, afternoon, after work or weekends?