Shock horror - recession hits ED!!!

jonno

Recession has definitely fallen upon The Lane. Witness a conversation amongst a group of yummy mummies in the park today. Discussion topic: children's party. Budget - only ?200. Tough trade-offs to be made. Would Cava be acceptable instead of champagne? Cup cakes or fairy cakes? To have a bouncy castle or not? Wait - Henrietta's mother might be able to do face painting instead. Life is getting harder in ED make no mistake. We should probably start a collection to ensure that the kids of JAGS and Alleyns get the parties they deserve. To contribute, please PM me and if I see them again I will pass the cash on.

The problem is not those that are already afloat, but for those of us that are all ready close to sinking - we drown!

But it's funny how even those that are not really suffering, seem to find such trivia to fret over.

We need more 'wake up calls' in our lives to find perspective?

Thx.

PSML......oh my Annette......I'm trying very hard not to picture that scene, but not trying hard enough to be successful ;) (we once had a bakewell tart on the half time menu care of one Dita-on-tees)

Yes Frankito I do bake cupcakes - made some rum and raisin ones today - very scrummy with a splash of whipped cream I might add :D