Things that put you off something you like...

katie1997

I like brussels sprouts. One of my friends hates them and calls them 'budgie heads'. Ewwww. Really puts me off them now.

Anyone else been put off something for no good reason? (Sorry if this thread sounds like crap from a "women's magazine". Feel free to PM me with funny stories about your pet if you like. And some recipes. )

Prawns. Someone once said to me that I wouldn't eat them if they lived on land - imagine one running out from under the sofa. Now every time I go to eat them, I imagine them running out from under the sofa.

Sometimes that bothers me (so I say it to everyone else too, to bother them).

Edited - missing a bracket

Maybe strictly not in keeping with the title of the thread, but Michael Bolton's image put me off listening to his music. However, after being directed to his back catalogue on you tube today he actually has a decent voice and a couple of tunes that aren't half bad.

The alternative answer is chocolate, having throwing up a large bar of Aero after being knocked unconscious at school. This was then re-enforced after the rast dropping in Mars bars story in the 80's (I am now wondering if I made imagined that story?)

The marketing for 'Natural Source' products. I love the mint shower gel but when I read from the bottle that it has taken hundreds of mint plants to make one small bottle of the stuff, it puts me off. My wife bought the honey flavoured shower gel recently and it had the same line regarding the number of 'bee miles' it took. I think they should review their advertising campaign, it just seems really wasteful to me.

RosieH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Prawns. Someone once said to me that I wouldn't

> eat them if they lived on land.

Good one. Someone once described them to me as "cockroaches of the sea" and that was it for me.

mockney piers Wrote:

> A poster on here who shall remain unnamed,

> informed me that My Name is Earl is made by

> Scientologists and is basically a propaganda

> vehicle for their philosophy/religion/twaddle.

Really? REALLY?? Or was he just messing with you? Strafer's a wrong'un and no mistake, but I'm quite partial to a bit of Earl. Please don't ruin it for me.

The two main actors - Jason Lee and Ethan Suplee - are both Scientologists, but...

It was the Daily Mirror that claimed the show's creator Greg Garcia was also a Scientologist when he wasn't.

Since both the leads weren't automatics for their roles, it's unlikely that Scientology was behind their appointment, nor do they have much impact on content.

There is clear evidence, however, that Strafer Jack has very questionable reading habits....

Ha -these stories are doing a great job of putting me off many more things. I'm soooooo relieved I don't like prawns.

Ratatouille (which I used to eat a lot in my younger, veggie days) was off the menu after someone asked 'You DO know what they make that from, don't you?" :(

RosieH Wrote:

> mockney piers Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> Really? REALLY?? Or was he just messing with you?

> Strafer's a wrong'un and no mistake, but I'm quite

> partial to a bit of Earl. Please don't ruin it

> for me.

Earl & a pint prawns.

Now that can't be beaten.

Nette:)