The price of a pint.. ?4.70

Mick Mac

?4.70 for a pint of Stella at Strawberry Moons in town last night.

At first we thought it was very cheap, at 3 pints for under a tenner - but we realised it was happy hour. The receipt showed ?4.70 before discount.

I quickly got my round in before happy hour ended.

Can anyone beat ?4.70 ? ?5 a pint is only round the corner.

I knew that would get a reaction.

Was not actually inside Strawberry Moons as such, but that little pedestrianised area of Heddon Street is good for an evening beer. The Living Room next door is nice, but they seem less flexible about letting you stand outside, hence we got our drinks from strawberry moons. Went home before it got messy.

When you pay ?4.20 for a beer in a pint glass that has a 1" head of froth.

Depending on the glass you are getting 1/5 - 1/4 pint of froth.

1/5 pint head 4/5 pint ?4.20 ---- Full pint ?5.25

1/4 pint head 3/4 pint ?4.20 ---- Full Pint ?5.60

That's why pubs use unlined glasses with wide Heads instead of lined(Pint to Line)Glases

Drinking 2 Halves will be even more expensive.

Always ask for you pint to be topped up..

Fox member of CAMRA...

EDOliver Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Paid ?11 for a pint in Dubai last year - funnily

> enough I didn't get p****d that night!!

>

> Beat that!

Vieille Bon Secours Ale costs ?700 a bottle 12 ltrs 21 pints ?33.00 per Pint

http://www.hercafe.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Secours.jpg

Here

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Even more expensive:- ?204.00 per bottle ?255.00 pint

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/sm3/mar2008/7/0/6F8A1BB3-AF59-F860-A4E7362B44F7AF0F.jpg

Here

Fox