Dark grey fluffy tabby missing Upland Road - HOME SAFELY!

Pickle

Hi all,

Now it's my turn to post about a missing cat!

Our much loved tabby, Mika, hasn't been seen since very early this morning - it's not like him to be away all day, and he's usually eagerly awaiting his dinner at 5pm. He's very dark in colour, a grey/black tabby, with a huge fluffy tail. He doesn't wear a collar, but is microchipped.

We live at the Underhill Road end of Upland Road - our garden backs onto Underhill Road gardens, so it would be much appreciated if anyone who reads this could check sheds, garages etc.

He's quite timid, won't come to strangers if approached, but we're hoping that he's simply locked in somewhere, so will run home as soon as he can.

Many thanks

Edited to add: still missing... please keep an eye out!

We will be putting leaflets through doors in Upland Road, Crebor St, Underhill Road tonight and also notices on lamp posts. Please let anyone know who lives in the area to keep an eye out for him. The most likely scenario is that he's locked in a shed, but as he's so timid it's unlikely that he'd come out while a stranger was around... if you live in the area please leave your shed open for half an hour or so just in case.

Thanks,

(a very stressed) Pickle

Just to update, I walked along Oakhurst Grove today and saw the cat Libra Carr mentioned - it does look very similar to Mika, but unfortunately isn't him. Thank you anyway for the information, much appreciated.

If anyone else sees that cat (it's very friendly!)... Mika is bigger and fluffier, and also a bit darker in colour in the body.

Many thanks

SUGGEST YOU PUT UP NOTICES WITH QUITE A LARGE RADIUS. A FEW YEARS AGO A CAT FROM GOOSE GREEN WALKED IN ON US ON CHRISTMAS EVE HAVING CROSSED LORDSHIP LANE AND MANY OTHER ROADS - WE ARE NEAR TOWNLEY ROAD. THE CAT HAD BEEN MISSING FOR A WHILE (IN FACT THE OWNERS HAD REPLACED IT, AS WE FOUND WHEN WE EVENTUALLY REALISED THAT IT WAS MICROCHIPPED AND TOOK IT BACK TO ITS HOME).

Yes, the local vets and rescue centres know he's missing... one of the benefits of having him microchipped is that we were able to report him lost to the microchip company, and they then put out notices to all the relevant local centres etc. I'll put up some posters further afield tomorrow, thanks for your message.

Hi Pickle

Do you live near Piermont Road? I'm sure I've seen your cat around the Piermont area. The cat I saw was very friendly and has a black cat as a friend - I often see them together. I'm pretty sure the black cat lives in Piermont Road....may be worth knocking on some doors in the road as she may be with her friend.

M

Thanks to everyone who took time to read my post... after a weeks absence Mika arrived in our bedroom at 1am this morning - we have no idea where he's been, he seems fine, just a bit hungry! He's now curled up happily beside me enjoying the luxury of central heating.

Pippa