11 Plus

Huguenot

Argh! Tried it from my blacberry but when I clicked 'finish' nothing happened.

The code bit was the hardest for me and I'm sure I got those two wrong (at least). What did you fail on Huguenot?

I couldn't pass my exams again if I were to sit them now. Pretty sure my brain has gone to mush. Btw, there are grammar schools in Scotland still although probably not in the sense they mean in the article.

Laddy Muck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well my brain couldn't understand the first

> question and basically shut down. So I reckon the

> pair of you did pretty well.

What a refreshingly honest post LM. Let's face it, any one of us could post on here saying we'd got all (or nearly all) the answers right.

But my advice is don't give up if you get stuck at the first question. This is what I was taught to do in exams, don't spend too long on a question if you don't know it, marks against time and all that. You never know there may have been a question further down that you could have easily answered and that may have helped you to answer the rest (tu)

I did okay... actually I got awarded 16 out of 15 because I got them all right (of course) and also managed to correct the mangled grammar that framed some of the questions which earned me a bonus point, a gold star, and I was made milk monitor for next week :)).

*Asks 'Miss' if he can clean the board*

I cheated, so don't know how I'd have done. I'd guess about 10 or 12.

But it struck me that the questions were terribly trainable. It took me about 3 minutes just to get my head around what on earth the first question was on about, then I was off, much faster with the rest. If I'd sat a few practice papers, it would have been much easier throughout. So as with so many exams, those privy to the secrets of the system, the coached and encouraged, would have had a flying start.

*Realising earlier science lesson was 'growing cress in a jar', analyses mouse using 'Junior CSI Kit' Xmas present and finds red devils epithelials - takes evidence to Form IVb's clandestine Animal Rights squad who mark Red down for 'special attention'.*