Asda to open in Rye Lane

Bic Basher

I use Asda a bit further to go but worth it, their goods are guaranteed to be 10% less than other stores.

When I get home the next day I can bring up their store put in my payment bill details and I get a coupon for the access they had charged me, so I get the items cheaper and a coupon for up to ten pounds that I can print off and use on my next visit.

I prefer to go there than buy goods in other stores of unknown named products.

I dont now use Tesco's as they sent me a letter saying I had stayed too long in their Car Park.

I admit I take a long time but I am not all that mobile and time passes so quickly. Their loss not mine I now save money.

The absence of a comma it does read quite differently,

" When I get home, the next day I can bring up their store, put in my payment Bill details and I get a coupon for the access they had charged me, so I get the items cheaper and a coupon for up to ten pounds that I can print off and use on my next visit ".

I typed this to include the note that you can't recall your bill within 24 hours.

I doubt if it would need a night out to do my shopping. :))

tommy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lidl, Iceland, and Morrisons are all v near as

> well though

I wouldn't consider Morrisons to be 'bargain basement' unlike Lidl or Netto which Asda is replacing. Iceland are cheap but are restricted by their range which is considerably less than all the other supermarkets.

Morrisons will still be the dominant supermarket in Peckham, although Asda could make Tesco Express reduce their prices as the competition increases down that end of the Lane.

Bic Basher: I agree, Morrisons isn't at all bargain basement, though it does happen to be considerably cheaper than Sainsburys for a lot of the things I shop for. Considering its size, it does a pretty good range of organic products, and more unusual items like fresh turmeric. I didn't find Netto's particularly useful so quite welcome an Asda in that location. It's a fairly small site though so they won't be able to carry anything like their full range.

Anstergirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This is quite interesting....

>

> http://your.asda.com/2011/7/29/asda-netto-timelaps

> e-video

xxxx

There's a Goose Green in Wigan!

leanne from wigan says:

As an ex-netto colleague from Wigan i cant wait to see the new store. It was sad to see Netto go and to see the store empty but from what i have seen of the store conversion it is going to look fantastic. We open next wednesday (30th August) and i cant wait to officialy, start working for Asda and become part of the Asda Team at Goose Green.

Aug 23, 2011 at 04:26 PM

Asda while clearly an improvement on Netto was rather disappointing when I went in there earlier.

Only three tills with one long queue right down the store, no bakery (which I was genuinely shocked about) and a cramped kiosk and self-service checkout area.

On the other hand, excellent customer service from the staff who even helped self service customers pack to speed up the queues and plenty of ?1 products.

Good luck in Asda.

I've only been into the Old Kent Road one but never again. It may be cheaper but it's also slooooooowwwweeeerrrr than any store i've ever experienced. I find Tesco much the same. Though I do find Lidl a strangely odd but pleasurable experience, what with it's cardboard boxes and the likes.

Still, horses for courses.

Nette:)