Pastrami on Rye: new deli

Cubanbreeze

Well, not on the Rye but over the other side of it, to be exact. I know it's not East Dulwich, but it's very near (just next to Soper's the fishmonger on Evalina Rd).

This excellent place, called Bambuni, has been open just a week, I discovered today. It sells lovely bread, salami etc, and has really good coffee. But the really clever thing is that it sells wine and olive oil from the barrel, and provides nice, re-usable bottles to put it in. The five-quid southern-French red I got there this morning certainly beats anything you'd get for that money elsewhere.

And before anyone asks, no, I don't work there or know the owner.

Have to agree, went there this morning on my usual trip to the excellent Sopers fishmongers and had a very nice Latte. Nice people, were't aware of this thread. Good selection of breads and cheese and as has been said, wine and nice olive oil in barrels. Life outside Lordship Lane? Surely not...

plc143 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> does any one know the opening times?

>

> i keep on forgetting to ask.

>

> ive passed by & 50% of the times its closed or

> peeps are inside but the shutters are down.

At a guess then half the time you walk past they are open and the other times they are not. That gizmo on your wrist might be worth consulting during these occasions...;-)

Seriously, the opening times are on the website but I've pasted them here:

Tuesday - Friday: 10am - 7pm, Saturday: 8am - 6pm, Sunday: 10.00am - 4pm. So looks like Mondays are orf!

Enjoy your visit.

I was there yesterday. It was empty but I was shown around and got some wine, great new microbrews (from Redchurch Street and Druid Street)and some cheese. I'll be back this weekend to fill my wine bottle! Lovely shop, and just a short walk from the park.

Their wines are pretty good, tried both the red and the white (not from a tumbler).

I was eager to try the redchurch brewery beers - and I did and they were very tasty - but found them very expensive at ?2.85 for 330ml bottles. Is this the price of a decent microbrewery not far from home, or was I ripped off?

Horsebox Wrote:

> Their wines are pretty good, tried both the red

> and the white (not from a tumbler).

>

> I was eager to try the redchurch brewery beers -

> and I did and they were very tasty - but found

> them very expensive at ?2.85 for 330ml bottles. Is

> this the price of a decent microbrewery not far

> from home, or was I ripped off?

Good on you for not accepting anything resembling a tumbler as the Actress said to the Bishop. I don't think ?2.85 is a rip off if you consider a bottle of Corona 330ml will cost you ?3.30 in Boho on Lordship Lane, of course you pay for the ambience.... ;-)

Horsebox Wrote:

> Their wines are pretty good, tried both the red

> and the white (not from a tumbler).

>

> I was eager to try the redchurch brewery beers -

> and I did and they were very tasty - but found

> them very expensive at ?2.85 for 330ml bottles. Is

> this the price of a decent microbrewery not far

> from home, or was I ripped off?

Is that to drink in there, or to take out? If the former, then it's not bad.