Knox, pretty or guilty?

mockney piers

You can't help but feel that's what it boiled down to.

That and a whiff of a backroom deal done somewhere.

I honestly have no idea what went on that night and am not going to get into a sue/djkq pointless discussion of the case, but I was genuinely taken aback when I switched on the telly and can't help feeling like someone has got away with(ish) with murder.

Mind you, you would ;)

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> and am not going to get into a sue/djkq pointless

> discussion of the case,

xxxxxx

Why start the thread then?!?! :))

I haven't followed this case much, but from what I know I am very surprised at yesterday's verdict.

None of us know... I was surprised to see mockney basically proclaiming that he thinks she's guilty!

I have been a bit shocked by the blanket coverage. It seems that even the reputable media outlets are not immune from a bit of sensationalism.

Plus I'm hoping that after the controversy of X Factor's eroticdancinggate last year, that this year they'll step it up by having a "ladies who kill, look at their eyes, guilty as sin I tell ya, but get away with it because they're purdey innit, look at those eyes, phwoar", theme and Knox will duet with Louise Woodward cavorting in spray-on spandex prison-orange jump suits.

That might just be me though....

On the boring stuff, the positive case against her was pretty thin and was undermined further on appeal. The circumstantial background stuff was pretty damning - opportunity, some kind of motive, and in particular her many and varied stories about her movements on the night in question. Reminiscent in some ways of Barry George, and the same outcome - convicted at trial, overturned on appeal. Obviously I have no idea whether she did it or not but I'm not surprised at the outcome.

Much more importantly, she is deffo fitter than Louise Woodward but not as fit as the spy girl. I'll give her 7 (fnar)

No pretty, white, middle class American girl was ever going to be allowed - by Oprah and Donald T and the powerful US media machine - to rot in a filthy European prison. USA Today and Fox News made sure the corrupt, incompetent and swinish Italian legal system was brought to book and even criticised UK news media for daring to suggest Knox might be guilty.

Now we can all look forward to her appearing on the US version of Pride of Britain Awards and singing "The First Cut Is The Deepest" on the final of American Idol.

In depth press article on rights and wrongs of case - MW. - the ultimate question

When the LibDems were running Southwark, there were no successful appeals against high profile murder convictions in Perugia. Now look what's happening.

LibDems in the south of the borough argued long and hard for a devolved approach to monitoring foreign jurisdictional proceedings, but Labour has spent that money on blue bins for the privileged and refused to answer any questions in Council as to why they failed to monitor correct procedures relating to DNA evidence on the knife in the kitchen.

We have tried to explain this to the Labour team in Council but I'm afraid they are just too f*cking thick to understand, let alone react to, our concerns.

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not thinks, I haven't the foggiest really, if ever

> there was trial by media it was this one.

> I think we all end up going on gut feeling fed by

> the baser instincts of news mongers. I'm not

> immune.

>

> I am looking forward to the Knox issue of FHM as

> she cashes in on her infamy though.

You do talk some b*****ks some times.

Well the "jokes" are pretty feeble aren't they? well short of the standard set in the glory days of Aberfan and Lockerbie...

But anyway,.... like the rest of the world bar 1 or 2 people, I really do not know what happened in Meredith Kercher's room that night. I believe thought that there's no way the "evidence" offered by the Prosecution came anywhere near proving that Knox and her boyfriend of 2 weeks committed the murder beyond any reasonable doubt. My gut feeling is that they're innocent and even if she makes $1 million from selling her story etc it's not going to compensate for the last 4 years.

I am sure the Kercher family must really appreciate the Knox jokes though eh?

No evidence against her. They had the perpetrator- a career burglar who knew them vaguely and who'd already been apprehended with a knife on other premises and who's dna was found in the room,on and in the victim but who then pointed the finger at Knox and got his sentence reduced by half- who is serving 16 years. But the prosecutor had already fixated on his pet theory- satanic rituals, which he had already tried to impose on a previous unrelated case- and so he merged the two theories together.

For a close comparison, see Colin Stagg, who was aquitted on a technicality and then completely exonerated when the real perp who had committed a copycat crime had his dna tested. The police convinced Rachel Nickels parents that Stagg was the man and had walked on a technicality. Like the Kerchers, the Nickells were disappointed and broken. Staggs relief at getting off was seen as 'gloating' and 'not respecting the real victim' and daily mail readers were outraged that he may profit from his story.

But just as Private Eye had suggested years before, a mentally ill man who went on to kill a mother in exactly the same way Rachel had been killed, but this time killed her child too, at last had his dna tested and was found to be the killer of Rachel Nickell. If this hadnt happened Colin Stagg would have always been seen as 'the one who got away'.

Every protestation of innocence was seen as signs of guilt.

Also Cleveland non existent child abuse scandal when children were taken from their parents on the magical thinking of a social worker who beleived in satanic ritual abuse and then interpreted everything accordingly- even to the point that a child describing the ring in a circus visited was seen as 'disclosing' a witches circle.

A lot of the 'evidence' against Knox circulating on the internet is from the movie made after the first trial,which included scenes which never happened in real life.

Why did she lie in the police station? stoned, scared and being led by the police to 'imagine what might have happened if she had been there' all in italian and without a lawyer. She immediately retracted, but it was on paper for all to see.

I have read some of the prosecutions proposals that the fact the break in looked like the modus operandus of Rudi Guid, the man who is serving 16 years already, showed it was staged as why would he be so obvious? well, if that was his modus operandi, that was his modus operandi. A British police investigation would have worked from the premise that what a burglar normally does , he continues to do.

The Lindy Chamberlain dingo baby comparisons are also apt.

THere is no doubt that Amanda Knox was immature, attention seeking and wanted everyone to think she was cute, also thick skinned, with little idea how her dippsy behaviour appeared. But being vain and self obsessed does not make you a killer, specially when there are no bloody clothes, no laundry, no murder weapon.

Lets hope for Knoxs sake they find that dingo.