bt vision or sky

chewstick1

BT Vision supplies live Freeview material through an aerial (plugged into your BT Vision box), but other material is supplied via broadband - you get two 3-pin plug adaptors - one is connected to your hub via an ethernet connector, the other to the supplied BT Vision box, again via ethernet. The signal is carried around your house within the ring-main (so obviously both adaptors have to be plugged into the mains). I believe Skye sports is delivered via broadband. BT only supplies one Skye Sports channel, I believe, not the full set - although that isn't (at all) why I have BT Vision so I may be out of date.

It is all on the www.bt.com website, look under BT Vision.

I choose not to have sports, but I do recommend BT Vision. However, you don't get Sky Arts with it or Sky Atlantic, but as far as Sports are concerned whether it comes via Broadband or direct through the aerial, I would recommend BT Vision. Never had a problem with it.

Virgin Media Pre Sales Service is Pretty Poor and I am told the post Sales Service isn't much good either. Pity as the offering looks good and doesn't help Murdoch in anyway Unless you are into sport also Their TIVO is better than Sky Plus .BT Vision is ok but their HD support is to say the least almost non existent!

I'm looking to leave Virgin Media, we pay a lot and in two years have never got the broadband speed they promise. Also whenever my bb goes down (which is about every 3 months) I have to wait about 3-4 days for an engineer, who only fixes it for another three months worth of use. Trying to get them to admit that there is an enduring fault is hopeless and last time they offered me ?5 compensation, which felt more like an insult. I can't really recommend them on that basis.

They also skin you alive on the 0845 / 0870 numbers, 50 p per min!