how much do you tip the binmen for xmas???

monica

nothing is what I tip them because they're f*cking useless. They have failed to empty our bins on regular occassions and then when they do, the rubbish is strewn across the god damn garden path. Phone call after phone call to the council, and it gets sorted.

I don't know where abouts you live in ED Monica, but we don't get cards from the bin men.....

MadWorld74 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They have failed to empty our bins on

> regular occassions and then when they do, the

> rubbish is strewn across the god damn garden path.

I'd start tipping them if I was you ;-)

I remember my dad tipping the binmen, milkman, newspaper lads etc at Christmas. It was common place when I was a kid. As for the re-cycling guys who crashingly empty the large communal glass bottle recycling bins at Altima Court at the crack of dawn on Saturday mornings - they should compensate us.

Oh that is just silly! Tipping everyone! It is different if you are on first names term with them, but i never see my bin men and they are pretty much useless, dumping half the stuff on the pavement which has missed their truck.

As for the postman, they keep changing all the time! Beside I am sure a lot of them tip themselves by helping themselves to our posts!

Milkmen? dont have!

My organic delivery fruit lady is getting a card.

If I was the Queen I would tip everyone, butI am not, I only buy for close family members. At least they get a wage, there are many people who do not even get that!

There might have been a case for tipping binmen in the old days when they used to have to manhandle and/or drag old-style bins from the bottom of the garden or wherever, But in these days of wheeliebins where residents do half the work for them by wheeling the things on to the pavement on the requisite days of the week I think it just adds insult to injury to be expected to tip these guys as well!

Asset Wrote:

> Well, would you like to do their job? What is

> wrong with showing a bit of appreciation once a

> year to people who do an unpleasant (especially in

> summer), but necessary job. We always see our

> binmen and they rarely leave a mess.

So we should tip firemen, policemen, nurses, etc. all jobs many wouldn't want to do, all can be unpleasant, probably more unpleasant than the jobs done by the chaps on the dust. They do a job, which I agree isn't pleasant, but they knew what they were taking on when applying for the job.

Yes, they do not work short hours like the bin men either, They do long hours, shift works, get puked on, have to clean patients, they endure many many things, including violence these days in their jobs, they get paid peanuts, most have to work over xmas and new year ( unlike bin men).

Sorry, but I wont be leaving a tip!

Maybe in the good old days when the work was much harder and everyone knew their bin man, post man, milk man etc, but in this day and age? no, because most people are in rubbish jobs with little pay, and I am sure everyone would like a tip! But of course, your money, your choice.

atila the gooner Wrote:

> You may not have had cause to call on them

> personally, nor have I, but they still do the job

> every day of week. I have a close friend who is a

> paramedic, she gets paid peanuts, and her job is

> far nastier than that of a binman. I suppose it's

> like everything else, folks give if they think

> it's appropriate.