Truth and Reconciliation

alice

Alice.

Care to expand on the show ? though looking at your posting history I can see you're a woman of words.

Here's a classic "Alice" It's clipped, neat, almost a Haiku in it's simplicity.

And my favourite

[quote name=Re: McMillan Support knocking on door last night? new

Posted by: alice March 09' date=' 04:57PM

I do not believe that cancer should knock on the door after dark. It is quite rude, I do not want to interrupted in my busy, exciting life by illness of any sort. Many older people - and I am one - do not appreciate having to experience cancer and should not have to do so. Let there be an end to it.]

Please keep them coming.

NETTE:-S

[quote name=Re: My laptop keeps cutting out -help

Posted by: alice August 11' date=' 05:27PM

thanks all - sworking now - think it was the fan - had a hot lap - put it on a frozen pizza - for half hour - thanks again everyone

]

Alice

What did you do with the pizza afterwards.

I mean, i'm down with the lateral thinking thing but did you, y'know, eat it ?

Nette:-S

JMT Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm really interested in reading any reviews of

> this production. I'm thinking of going on

> Thursday.

I believe tickets may be sold out - worth checking on the Royal Court website.

I'm going tomorrow night. I'm a big fan of the writer's work - debbie tucker green (the lower case is intentional, natch) - though from reviews from the run at the Royal Court where it premiered a couple of months back this work might be bolder in some aspects, leading to a more uneven play than she usually writes.

But I think it's terrific the Royal Court has set up court in Peckham. I'm glad it's doing so well - although there is a whole other debate about whether it is really reaching new audiences or catering for the same well-heeled crowd as it would in Sloane Square.

" although there is a whole other debate about whether it is really reaching new audiences or catering for the same well-heeled crowd as it would in Sloane Square"

It seemed to me to be a classic ED type crowd. It was pretty obvious walking from Bar Story who was heading to the theatre.

Saw this last night.

Sad to say it was pretty dire. I understand this is the playwrite's first piece that is overtly political and moves away from her normal, domestic setting. It showed.

It tried to cover far too broad a spectrum of material and ended up being superficial and lacking in historical setting.

One of the stories was so shallow as to be almost an afterthought.

And whilst my knowledge of South African, Rwandan and Zimbabwean accents is a little shaky, if they were anything as bad as the Balkan and Northern Irish ones on display last night then it was a pretty bad state of affairs all round.

At ?10 it's a cheap night out compared to the Royal Court in Sloane Sq but I'd save your money and see something more worthwhile.

Truth and Reconciliation ? reviewRoyal Court, London SW1

reddit this Comments (0)

Killian Fox The Observer, Sunday 11 September 2011 Article history

Don Gilet and Sarah Niles in Truth and Reconciliation at the Royal Court. Photograph: Stephen Cummiskey

Truth and ReconciliationRoyal Court, LondonUntil 24 September 2011

Box office:

0207 565 5000Venue details What happens when aggressors in conflict situations come face-to-face with the relatives of their victims? This is the question posed in this short new play written and directed by Debbie Tucker Green, and anyone familiar with this British playwright's work might guess that she does not answer it in a straightforward manner. More important than confrontation and catharsis to Green is how language falters, dies, and unexpectedly bursts into life, during five "truth and reconciliation" sessions in countries such as Rwanda and Northern Ireland. There is little in the way of reconciliation, and the catharsis, when it finally arrives, feels problematic. Still, this is a compelling and intriguing piece, and Green was brave to forge her bitter poetry out of such emotive material.