21st Century ED!!!

D'Artagnan

Wouldn't that be great!

The pubs are OK, but I'm getting sick of having to trvel all the way to other areas, just for a decent friday/saturday night out!we need a decent club! or one of those 'revoloution' bars!! I think its time ED pushed forward into the 21st C!

I'd also like to see a better variety of shops on Lorship lane too! White stuff is cool don't get me wrong, but we need a river island or a topshop. And decent take-away. I've lived in ED for ages now and I just wonder how much better off lordship lane would be with maybe a 24hr Mc Donalds or something. I know there is 'Favourite Chicken' and that chipshop next door, but I'd love to get a sausage and egg mc.muffin before I set off for work on a friday!

D'Artagnan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd also like to see a better variety of shops on

> Lorship lane too! White stuff is cool don't get me

> wrong, but we need a river island or a topshop.

> And decent take-away. I've lived in ED for ages

> now and I just wonder how much better off lordship

> lane would be with maybe a 24hr Mc Donalds or

> something. I know there is 'Favourite Chicken' and

> that chipshop next door, but I'd love to get a

> sausage and egg mc.muffin before I set off for

> work on a friday!

TROLLLLLLLL ......Move along now, nothing of note to see here....

And why should North London have all the Premier League football clubs? If you demolish DKH Sainsburys and use the the DKH park as well there'd be room for a really good modern stadium and a team we could all support instead of boring old West Ham, Arsenal, Lverpool, Dulwich Hamlet etc...

Football crowds surging up LL of a Saturday evening - you know it makes sense...All we need is a Russian billionaire..

I heard a rumour Primark was going to open up on the Iceland site.

So after gorging at these new fast food joints and enjoying happy hour at the CPY, you could go along and watch a football match Camberwell Cannons, be sick all down your clothes, get the munchies so buy a hot dog for ?5 from the stand in the grounds. On your way home buy a new outfit, to replace the one you messed up, for ?2.75 from Primark and the missus would be none the wiser.

It's a brave new world.

Well if you close off the traffic in LordshipLane except to the hundreds of busses, bicycles and motorcycles obviously, then you could put a roof over road the and turn it into a bit like Wood Green - been up there recently? And then Tescos could buy the space over the roof and build a massive store in the Sky. Yeah.

I quite like it as it is, the fact there are so few chain shops makes it so good.

downsouth Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How about converting the ED Warehouse into a food emporium with pizza hut, kfc, Papa John's Pizza and Quizno's subs. kwala-tee.

That would genuinely get my vote! (but Pizza Express as opposed to Hut please, and a subway)

OK, I don't really get why someone called me a troll...

anyway, ED's night life could do with a bit of livening up.

And I definately am for Wagamamas and Pizza Express.

by the way, I was only airing my opinion, I think it was a bit un-called for some of you to be so sarcastic.

This is how welcoming the people of East Dulwich are these days is it? actually thats a rhetorical question, as I can see the way people behave whenever a new business opens up in East Dulwich ( Cafe Nero for example... )

Welcome to the forum D?Artagnan.

Sorry to sound sarcastic buy I just didn?t for a moment think that you were being in any way serious.

Stick around for a while (It?s great fun) and you will see why. The chains vs independent is a much-discussed topic. One that I don?t get involved in anymore but everyone, like I said, has their opinions and I think both sides are pretty well represented on here.

Although a 24 hr MacDonald?s? Seriously?