Winter jogging

emza78

Now the nights are closing in and Dulwich park closes earlier and earlier, my fitness levels are rapidly decreasing!

Where do people jog in the winter? Is it "safe" around Peckham Rye Common for a lone female, I'm not talking too late - probably around 6pm ish.

Or maybe just a run around the streets circulating Dulwich Park?

I ran down round Peckham Rye last night and it was fine on the outer edges but the path running along the boundary fence of the locked park bit and towards the cafe was quite dark and bit dangerous probably. I would recommend running up to colyton road instead and just running the top edges where it's well lit and there are more people around - this also gives you a slightly longer distance!

Yes, I think it's quite safe. I've never felt threatened in any way. However, would agree with dubluke - the path running between the cafe and fenced off park area is not very well lit and is a bit dangerous because of the potholes (not to mention the mud, puddles and dog mess!) that you can't see. If you can stand a bit more time with the traffic, I would agree with the recommendation to run along to Colyton and around that way.

There is usually quite a number of other joggers around the common&park, so you won't be alone.