What is everyone doing...

bald marauder

...that allows them to while away a few minutes (or longer!) perusing and posting on the EDF - while surely some of us are supposed to be working?

I will own up first, today I am 'working from home', with sadly more emphasis on the latter than the former.

Is everyone else doing it at work while looking over their shoulder? Or doing a job that doesn't entail working in the daytime? How do you get away with it? (with a National Lottery style emphasis on YOU...)

dulwichmum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am working on my appraisal - I hate all that

> bloomin wordy jargonistic rubbish..........

Hmm. I am s'posed to be working on mine, but I have been so busy doing real work that it hasnt quite happened :-)

> Justifying my existance here.

Well I hope that coming in to work on Sunday two weeks in a row will justify mine without SMART bullshit.

I think it would be a laugh if we all copied eachothers appraisal documents. We all seem to be doing the same thing when we are on here! You must be working hard Mr AndrewDBlack, we haven't had the benefit of your witty conversation for a while. I think I would like to copy your appraisal document more than anyone elses - it could be very impressive!

Dear Mr Ant,

How is that tiny baby of yours? Aren't you a lovely daddy?... (I really don't mean that patronisingly) - to sort the bottle out for junior when you have had a night out with friends, and again this morning. Well done! My daddy was like you - I will always value the time he took with us as little ones. You are doing a great thing. Children need to see their daddy involved, and I am sure your wife is exhausted and really values the support.

There you are up again this morning, no doubt with a hangover - making another feed, I am filling up (with tears!!)...

And the Times.....but I'm deeply, deeply unsuccessful!! And thanks Bald M! ;-)

How I used to hate those awful appraisal thingys; you had to write all about your small achievements in PC, positive, Dilbert-like jargon and it took ages because you had forgotten what (if anything) you had achieved. Or you made it up! Then you had to sit with your bosses in a big room (with biscuits) while they told you what you hadn't achieved (also couched in slippery, upbeat PC jargon). Then you 'negotiated' and replied to their reply.

Then you got a very, very small pay rise, left the room in a huff (and started looking for another job)!

MikeBate is wonderful, so everyone copy his appraisal and hand it in! No matter what the job, they'll never notice!

spymum

(Blog: Posh Mum)

Appraisals, wow! It's nearly 10 years since I had a 'proper' job - I've just been putting my CV together (in case our nascent sustainability consultancy doesn't take off) - and I can tell you it's a very weird experience. I don't even know what people put in CV's these days or how long they are supposed to be!

As for appraisals, well, I hope I don't have to find out - I still have distant memories of the shambolic, inneffective process I last endured.

DM, you always give such inspiring, warm and specific feedback (when it's deserved) on this forum, I bet you would make a very good 'appraiser' - and you must be a lovely mum too :) (BTW hope you didn't object to my comment about your witty repartie on my other post yesterday...it was mostly meant toungue in cheek!)

Well, I've just changed a 'poopy diaper' (as they say in groundhog day, one of my all time favourite films) and entertained our 4 month old daughter for an hour and a half while her mum gets an extra bit of kip - she deserves it! And our daughter tired herself out anyway so I've just put her down in her cot for a little early morning nap (don't know why she was up earlier than usual this morning...)

So folks, have a good weekend, may see some of you in the queue at William Rose or Moxons later I guess?

BM

Dear Mr Bald Marauder,

I was not offended in the least! One of the things I enjoy about the forum must is the witty debate - but the other thing I enjoy just as much is sending myself up, and I quite like being told off about it too. I was not offended at all dear heart, how could I be? If there is one thing that I have a soft spot for - it is a devoted daddy. The other thing I have a soft spot for is Mr Batdog.

Love,