Occupy London

TE44

http://02varvara.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/00-01o-occupy-wall-street-19-10-11-london-uk.jpg?w=600&h=400

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple,

and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves.

And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. He said to them, ?It is written, ?My house shall be called a house of prayer,? but you make it a den of robbers.? ? Matthew 21:12-17

Targeting st Paul's? Where did you get that from?

Utilising st Paul's, and having st Paul's back them against the police last week would seem to be a minor coup

Remember they are not alone. Inarticulate they may be but combined with the multiple protests globally? Something is happening. I don't know what yet, but only fools would look at the global picture and say it means nothing.

It might achieve nothing, but that's not the same thing.

They're not targeting St Pauls as such they just wanted to congregate in Paternoster Square. As of yesterday they've also occupied Finsbury Sq. The whole thing is actually Occupy the London Stock Exchange so Goldman Sachs and Canary Wharf being outside the square mile are not as appropriate I suppose. Canary Wharf might be more relevant for a protest aimed at banks, but isn't it private property?

Occupy the London Stock Exchange

Every class at my school had someone with an 'alternative' haircut who wrote political statements on their yellow Milletts rucksac.

I'm only surprised that there aren't more morons at Paternoster Square.

If there is 'something happening' globally that we 'don't know what yet', it's probably just a tolerance for right-on twerps.

That's not to say that I'm reactionary, but generally when the UK population have an opportunity for major change they prefer to side with the establishment and hate foreigners.

To me, it seems obvious, too easy an smug to say "morons, inarticulate, same ole same ole"

All might prove to be true of course. But look at them and the wider global protests. My prediction is a day will come when we look back and say "we could have done more than dismiss them as morons"

It doesn't matter that you can't distill the "message" into a plan of action. A vague "this shit ain't working, sort it" is enough

Or at least it is for most peoples bosses so why not the reverse?

Sure thing, not exactly original though is it?

Yoof in 'I don't want to work for the Man' shocker.

Teenager in 'I don't have a plan but getting a job seems a bit like hard work' bombshell.

Scrote in 'the world owes me a living, doesn't mum put clean clothes in my chest of drawers' revelation.

Hilarious. None of your stereotypes apply to the majority of people I've spoken to at st Paul's

But I understand it's comforting for you to believe as much

It's not some crusties in london. It really isn't. Have a look at the footage of police flaking into some benign women at wall st. Something somewhere is rattled.

I'm not using the whole thing as an anti bank protest. Not solely anyway. It is what it is. A broad church ( ho ho ) saying "hang on a minute"

It doesn't take staggering intellect to agree and say "something ain't right" but it does appear as if business as usual is the only way permitted

Does that mean revolution is being called for? No it doesn't. But if there are people who can fix the whole mess, it time they showed it instead of "suffering" as much as the rest of us

"Before I had the baby I was a freelance film maker making films about young people"

Because that isn't a cliche at all.

"Anarchists, communists and greens with practical differences on the use of violence"

Hee hee hee.

"An end to capitalism"

Not completely persuaded that these monkeys could organise a piss up in a brewery.

"Is this the beginning of revolution?" Ooooooh, and wouldn't they just love that ;-)

But maybe you're right SJ. Maybe I just think they're a bunch of right-on twerps that I've seen a hundred times before because I'm seeking comfort.

"Sean, an 18-year-old civil servant who declined to give his surname, said he was prepared to protest until Christmas Day and beyond."

Such things are revolutions made of - teenagers milking at the teat of the taxpayer who decline to give their name.

Is it really any surprise that he doesn't want to put the graft in to earn a living?

Look, in a crowd like that you will find endless cliched variants of exactly the type you highlight

And their aim of carrying on until Christmas? Easily said in this weather but a few harsh weeks and they will be out of there

But you are still childishly picking the worst examples to nullify any point.

I hadn't realised everything was sorted and there is no need for people to protest

Ooh hang on. Protest. Not so keen on that in Singapore are they

A million extra people unemployed. They all "gave up" work to piss around at tax payers expense did they?

Really h?

All those people did that. Just because it's easy. That life of paying the bills and knowing where meals come from. They all just said "fuck it?" did they?

A lot of people reading this have lost their jobs recently or are close to doing so now. And you arrogantly call them wasters?

That substantial intellect of yours needs a compass-reset