Unfinished Projects ?

KidKruger

What's your monumental unfinished project ?

One of mine is 15 years ago digging out and pouring foundations 3ft deep for an extension I never built (yet). It's just covered in patio. I took a week off work so lost a week's earnings at the time and bust my chops bigstyle to complete the footings. It took some digging and the effort to carry so much cement (50kg bags) and sand through to the back almost broke mine. People still say have I finished the 'extension' yet. Bastads.

I wonder if my most significant project is the portfolio of unfinished projects I have accomplished.

Well there's the intricately patterned sweater that I started over a decade ago, but I ran out of the right coloured wool to complete it. So despite the hours. Of work and effort I put in, as it was very difficult to do, it languishes under my bed still...

ruffers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ripping all my vinyl to mp3...

xxxxxxx

Ah yes, that's another one of mine, too.

I also had an unfinished weaving stored in a cupboard, but moths demolished it before I could finish it so problem solved :))

Salsaboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I bought a wooden dolls house to make for my kids,

> just before the eldest one was born. It's still

> not finished and my kids are 19 and 16 now.

xxxxxxxxxx

Maybe you'll finish it in time for the grandchildren :))

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Frank Field -  a decent politician.   Frank Field, Baron Field of Birkenhead - Wikipedia
    • The alternative would be to let them free, to be predated on and without parents to teach them the necessities of survival. Clearly this is an unhelpful model of instruction, but, given the ducklings have been born and will not survive without parental care (unless they are hand reared in the school - which I doubt has the capacity of skill for this) then gassing them is the most 'humane' action. The school should perhaps have thought through what is the likely outcome for ducklings which are not being reared by either skilled farmers or ducks. I suspect that the duckings would not be saleable to farmers having been initially born and raised in circumstances which were not sterile for introduction into larger flocks. 
    • That's a good idea smiley blue , if you or anyone else comes across petitions to end these despicable acts of cruelty to defenceless animals please put on here or start a new thread if you please so we can sign the petition and add our objections to this , I would also like to thank all of you the people for reading these messages and adding your voices to this cruelty,  maybe we can end it 
    • Malumbu, by that measure are police efforts to cut down on anti-social driving by issuing tickets and fines a token effort as well? Surely punitive measures for cyclists breaking the rules will encourage them not to break the rules again? A bit like when you got stopped and taken into the cab of an HGV. The police are currently using that tactic to show those who break the rules cycling that it might lead them to being hit by a lorry due to the driver's having limited vision - the cycling equivalent of a speed awareness course for drivers.    When they stopped you was it because you had broken a rule or was it just more of an education programme and they asked you to take a look and did it change your cycling behaviour in any way? As I said previously there are those who break the rules on cycling out of ignorance (and those out of arrogance) and I am sure they are using HGVs to educate those in the ignorance category and then hitting those in the arrogance category with the PCNs.    
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In