Train fare anomaly

Twirly

Can anyone explain why, when using Oyster pay as you go, it costs 50p more to travel from Denmark Hill to Victoria than from Peckham Rye to Victoria? I only just noticed this when checking my journey history, and am somewhat puzzled since it?s exactly the same line, and I'd have thought that the journey from Denmark Hill should be cheaper since it?s a stop less.

I found a corking pricing anomaly. I often travel to Bridgend, Wales. If I buy a super off-peak ticket at Paddington it costs ?69. If I buy it at ED station it is ?71, so a very reasonable ?2 to cross London both ways.

But, one day I needed to buy a single super off-peak from Bridgend back to ED - and they wanted a rather incredible ?71! How much to Paddington, I asked - it was ?40. So an amazing ?31 was being charged to cross London!!

Willma - I think you may be right. The DH journey was about 4.30pm. Definitely not the daily price cap, as the train journey was only the 2nd journey of the day (the bus to the respective stations being the first). I didn't know that there was a second peak time for fares. Not that it matters much, as the daily cap was still the off-peak one of ?6.60. I was just curious, so thank you for solving that mystery.

Loz - that probably has to go down as being one of the most overpriced train journeys in the country!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• That is clearly not true. I see car drivers breaking the law on an hourly basis - jumping red lights, speeding, not obeying the general rules. Plus they are operating considerably more dangerous machinery and should have a greater responsibility of care to other road uses. You can see who causes the most harm by the stats. 
    • Looking for a suit for an 11 year old. Quite specific, white with black thin stripes.  Trying to replicate Michael Jacksons smooth criminal costume.  A blue linen shirt and white tie.    Thank you !!!!!!!
    • A quick Google found this, amongst other things: "Social impact models are frameworks or approaches that guide how organizations or initiatives address social or environmental problems."
    • "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it must be a duck" comes to mind Unfortunately, a large number of cyclists do exhibit selfish amd anti social behaviour which, regardless of how many good cyclists there are, is seen as the norm.  It's a bit like one car driver jumping a red light and all car drivers getting tarred by the same brush. Perception is the issue and if cyclists all obeyed the rules, everyone would be less anti them but unfortunately that isn't the case 🤔
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In