Explosions in London..

Carter

Explosions across our City.

Tonight is a night of celebration. We hear explosions and what could be gunfire all across London.

Now be in Tripoli.

Or Baghdad.

Or Sirte.

Or Fallujah.

Cities razed to the ground. No power. No water. Protecting your family, your children. You have no choice in this, you had no choice in this.

Politicians in countries you have no interest in decided you should be bombed. Military powers you have no knowledge of are now flying over your home. Phosphorus is dropped. Your child burns.

You are nothing but collateral damage. We are very sorry. Targeted military installations. We very much regret the loss of civilian life.

"Tit"

Excellent argument steveo - care to elaborate why?

Am I a "Tit"?

Is the point a "Tit"?

Or, if you no objection to your taxes slaughtering your fellow man and just want to abuse me - fine.

Big lad, broad shoulders. I can take that.

"Explosions across our City.

Tonight is a night of celebration. We hear explosions and what could be gunfire all across London.

Now be in Tripoli.

Or Baghdad.

Or Sirte.

Or Fallujah.

Cities razed to the ground. No power. No water. Protecting your family, your children. You have no choice in this, you had no choice in this.

Politicians in countries you have no interest in decided you should be bombed. Military powers you have no knowledge of are now flying over your home. Phosphorus is dropped. Your child burns.

You are nothing but collateral damage. We are very sorry. Targeted military installations. We very much regret the loss of civilian life."

And your point is? It's easy to trot out this sort of tripe, not so easy to say exactly what you think ought to be done. No Western intervention in Libya and Gadaffi would still be in power - would that be better? What do you reckon the average Libyan thinks?

Also I'd like to say that Carter's post was an interesting exercise.

Imagining that the explosions represented real bombs in a real war torn country and thinking about how it must be to have to live like that day after day, knowing that the bombs and missiles are paid for by us, is sobering.

LadyDeliah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Imagining that the explosions represented real

> bombs in a real war torn country and thinking

> about how it must be to have to live like that day

> after day, knowing that the bombs and missiles are

> paid for by us, is sobering.

Hadn't it occurred to you before?

LadyDeliah Wrote:

> DaveR - Overthrowing Gadaffi had nothing to with

> the Libyans, it was about picking a dead cert by

> ensuring they came in, in order to keep the oil

> flowing to the West.

I'm not certain that the rebels would have received as much help as they did if the oil wasn't there as an added incentive either.

steveo Wrote:

> LadyDeliah Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > Imagining that the explosions represented real

> > bombs in a real war torn country and thinking

> > about how it must be to have to live like that

> day

> > after day, knowing that the bombs and missiles

> are

> > paid for by us, is sobering.

>

> Hadn't it occurred to you before?

I deal with asylum seekers cases, so yes I have imagined how bad it must be on many occasions, I was thinking about you pampered lot.

5th of November is not about celebration, it's a warning to us.

I see no reason

Why gunpowder treason

Should ever be forgot.

Carter Wrote:

> Explosions across our City.

>

> Tonight is a night of celebration. We hear

> explosions and what could be gunfire all across

> London.

>

> Now be in Tripoli.

>

> Or Baghdad.

>

> Or Sirte.

>

> Or Fallujah.

>

> Cities razed to the ground. No power. No water.

> Protecting your family, your children. You have no

> choice in this, you had no choice in this.

>

> Politicians in countries you have no interest in

> decided you should be bombed. Military powers you

> have no knowledge of are now flying over your

> home. Phosphorus is dropped. Your child burns.

>

> You are nothing but collateral damage. We are very

> sorry. Targeted military installations. We very

> much regret the loss of civilian life.

Right on! This is all just a little junior lit and deb, no? I managed to get over thinking I had the monopoly on the moral high ground when I was 16.

Then again, now I've got so much to think about getting these bloody foreigners to lay my parquet properly (swear to god, if one of them bleeds onto it again - it's only a minor chafe from the shackles I told them...) that I have let my subscription to Holier-than-thou Weekly lapse. Maybe it's time I renewed my subscription.

This damp and drizzly weather should make you all thankful you're not in a sun-parched desert, dying of thirst, the only cattle being dried-out husks on the roadside. You make me sick all of you with your fancy community website, imagine if you were on the moon - you wouldn't be so smug then would you. No.

"Explosions across our city?" I remember the blitz you know (seriously, I'm not that old). I do remember the IRA's campaign of bombing on our mainland though. I don't want to denigrate you for being a little wet behind the ears for you are obviously quite young but do take a look at recent history though it may not be so recent to you but we have been here before and suffered greatly for it.

Well Carter's only recently shifted an Xbox Elite with headset in all its satanic glossy blackness, dark and foreboding as the very night itself.

So he may not have heard.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi2prhUKtqkrApTgacFh5bqtMvVTLkwJDm2267kEuJEhQalpuHuw

Ooooh yesssss, look at the sex on that...